Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

jroc2015

HELLO everyone,
Just giving a update on Jrocs new home... he now is in a 55 gallon tank, he loves it AND don't worry his substrate is not sand.. I made him a sand matt because I loved the exo-terra mat but it was getting a little pricey to buy the mats for the 55 gallon and making one was just as easy, cheaper, and if not more fun.
NOW. lighting is being an issue. the hot side/basking temp is 105-109F under a halogen exo-terra 75 watt bulb, and the cool side is hanging out around 75F.. although. the cool side I did put a small 75 watt exo-terra basking bulb there... should i replace the cooler side with a different bulb or is it fine having a basking bulb there? just don't want the bright light to throw him off and him not get the proper basking temperature.

Thank you, and if you have any comments or questions about my viv feel free to ask! :)
OH ALSO, any ideas on backgrounds.. or a good DIY background. and is a waterfall a good idea, i know it might raise humidity a little but if its on the cold side will it pose a problem?
waod90.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom