Help-need insulation tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musicmeg

Hello. Feel free to move this if it belongs in enclosures. I just noticed this morning that the ceiling temperature in the lower enclosure is heating the floor of the upper enclosure. The ceiling of the lower enclosure was 146 degrees and the floor of the upper was 115 at the hottest point. I don't want this since it is getting too warm for Yoshi to want to bask there. Can I just glue some Styrofoam insulation from lowes onto the ceiling around the lower light fixture? It would not be going near the bulb at all. I need to make sure my guys are comfy and can use their entire home. Thanks. I tried searching the forum for similar issues, but it kept returning zero results if I used too many words.

warhawk

It sounds like the heat from the lower light is getting caught in the enclosure. I can see two options to fix that,

First is to adjust the light so it gives off less heat then you would have less going up to the one above. But this will also adjust the basking spot so might not work.

Second option would be place some additional vents on the lower enclosure. That would allow more air flow and blow some of the heat out. You could even place a fan blowing onto the vent to put more air into it. Maybe even a small computer type fan to come on with the lights are on.

To me putting insulation won't really help in the long run. It might lower the temp a little but the problem is still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom