Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smawg

Hatchling Member
The log in the back is where his uvb compact bulb is. & the other log is where his heat bulb is.
I have two holes that the bulbs go into & hoping this is fine? He does switch log to log.
I can not afford one of those long uvb lights at this time, I do know they say it is better to have one of those.

Is the compact uvb light going all over his body or is it just going on his head? while he is on the log. Should I cut another hole over some so I can move the uvb? or is it fine where it`s at

I have a sock at the bottom of one log for easier access. Is the sock fine?

The 1/2 log that is in front of his home he absolutely loves.
Should I move it more towards the cooler side since he has his heat lamp? maybe he would like to relax in a little cooler part on a log that he likes a lot? But not putting it all the way on the cooler side.

[ximg]80988 6309952885[/ximg] [ximg]80988 1912537455[/ximg]

warhawk

If he is basking in both lights he should be fine. I do like my UVB to be in the center of the tank I feel it allows them to get more out of the light.

As far compact UVB all the books I have read say they are just fine but I know online people say they don't work. I don't know who is right, I have used both over the years never had a issue but I do like the long ones better.

As for the sock it shouldn't be a problem as long as he doesn't chew on it or anything. You might have to replaced it from time to time because it will start to smell if he goes to the bathroom on it.

My wives bearded dragon loves to climb and he will hang from the top of his cage from time to time. I would watch to make sure your guy doesn't do the same and climb out of the holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom