Black or White Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvhome869

Hello...new to the forum and very excited to join. With that said I already have a question as I am just getting back into the game of reptiles after a 8 year break.

I was wondering if there is any benefits of having a BLACK or WHITE enclosure for bearded dragons? What are the pros and cons of each if any?

jvhome869

Original Poster
Speaking with the enclosure builder and breaded of some very pretty dragons he believes white is the best to bring out the colors of any dragon. My biggest concern is I like black as it blends/matches more of my house and decor. Has anyone else had experience with placing dragons in white vs black enclosures? Thanks all.

JLollino

jvhome869":ot1hf29n said:
Speaking with the enclosure builder and breaded of some very pretty dragons he believes white is the best to bring out the colors of any dragon. My biggest concern is I like black as it blends/matches more of my house and decor. Has anyone else had experience with placing dragons in white vs black enclosures? Thanks all.

I have two terrariums with black siding and a stone colored back drop. The only thing I have seen with the black siding is the terrariums tend to heat up a lot faster and I had to purchase a dimmer to keep the temps right. Other than that I really wouldn't know about the coloring difference between white and black.

Also I used black because it fit better with my furniture : )

AcceptableGeek

Hatchling Member
I've had my tank sides and background both colors. Black does look nice but my girl stressed out too much due to reflections. I like white because it doesn't reflect like a mirror but does make the tank seem to "brighten" up more.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Black is nice and makes colors "pop" but I agree white is better as far as keeping the cage bright for the dragon. Enclosures are more often too dark than too bright. Exterior color doesn't matter so that could easily be black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom