Help! New beardies and tank issues!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I recently purchased two beardies and I'm a first time owner. I've only had them for two days and noticed many issues with their enclosure that they came with.. First is that they were using walnut bedding. They had one basking light for light/heat in a 125 gallon tank, and they were housing two beardies together that they they said fight occasionally.

Here's what I shared with.. after removing walnut bedding and replacing it with non stick shelf liner...

82481-6565633188.jpg

Here's where im at now...

82481-7732924074.jpg

The changes are made are :

Divided the tank in half with plexiglass, the large tank was too hard to heat and I don't like the idea of two being kept together.

Added 2 reptisun 10.0 bulbs, and 2 new 75w basking buldlbs.

Used chains to lower all lamps into the tank.

My questions are what can I do to make them more comfortable? And I'm having trouble making ramps with rocks that they can get up to their basking spots.. what should I use? Thanks in advance!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....the tanks look good. :) I would suggest using something that's not see through as a divider....if they see each other they will continue to be stressed. And they don't need ramps at all, beardies are good climbers and the branches you have in there are sufficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom