Enclosure Emergency!

Status
Not open for further replies.

karolynmae

My big boy decided he didnt want to go to bed tonight. So in his infinite wisdom he climbed out of his tank. (It has no lid because it was impeding the lights. But now he can get out. What can i do to keep him in. It is a 20" tall 50 gallon tank. I worry he is going to get out when im not home. Any advice on keeping him in and not burning my house down? I dont know where the lids are. :(

One more substrate question. My female has been laying eggs like crazy, but hates her lay box. I ended up just covering her tank in the vermiculite soil mix. So now she lays in her tank. She is doing fine and the plan is to take it out when she lays her last batch. Does anyone else have to do this? Any problems or concerns? The incubator is set for the next batch and she has layed 60 eggs in 3 weeks. Should be a newbatch soon! Thanks guys and gals!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They do love to climb. I would either put a bit of screen around the edges or re-arrange the furniture so it's a bit lower or only goes high toward the middle of the tank to make it more difficult to get to the top edges.

karolynmae

Original Poster
That is a great idea! TO LOWES!! i took his hide out before bed so i didnt wake up to a missing boy. Lol time to work a bit on the tanks!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Another thought is you may be able to build a collar out of wood (or similar) to make the sides of the enclosure even higher. That way you can still provide plenty of climbing space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom