Upgrading Terrarium Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

KobeDragon

Hello everyone! Hope you are all having a great day!

I've been thinking recently about upgrading Kobe to a new, bigger better terrarium! The only worry I have right now is about him getting used to a new environment again. Should I worry that much about getting a new tank? I know most say he will become stressed for a few days but is there any helpful tips while changing tanks that I should know?

He is still very young but I am finally seeing a major growth spurt and his appetite has really sky rocketed! I don't want a new environment changing any of that. He has been in his current tank since I brought him home and that has been roughly two months. I'd say he is about 4-5 months old but I am not 100%, he also just finished a full body shed. Again this is a first 'major major' growth spurt I am seeing since I've had him besides a few small notices.

I just really want Kobe to have a lot more open space. I can just tell he has a lot of energy these days especially when being held. He loves exploring around and I give him free roam of basement and he jumps on the sofa's, sprints across the carpet, and my personal favorite is to see how many steps he can get up without being pissed there's another step! :lol: :mrgreen:

P.S. Just an idea I thought of but would setting up the new terrarium in front of Kobe help at all? Just so he can see what I'm doing is for his own benefit! lol

Thanks again!!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad to hear you let him run around a lot. They're fun to watch when they explore the house and it's good for them physically and mentally. The larger tank will be a big help as well because you'll be able to add lots of climbs and add shade areas etc so you can have a lot of variety in terms of UV exposure and temperature so he can self regulate. I wouldn't worry about moving him to a new enclosure. Even if he gets stressed it's not likely to last more than a few days. It sounds like based on his personality that he'll just enjoy a new space to explore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom