How you mount lights inside enclosuure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayceeBuddy67

Juvie Member
Me and my mom are worried about the lights being outside of the enclosure. Any ideas on how to mount them? (Without spending money?)

Gail

BD.org Addict
There really isn't a way to mount domes inside a glass tank. You could always tie the domes to the wire top but then they are in the way when you remove the lid.
Thats why I really like wooden vivs, you can mount the lights inside with no problems.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I use adjustable lamp stands for my dome lights. They cost about $18 each though. You can try creating your own stand or if they came with a clamp you could clamp them to something above the tank to suspend them. Maybe create a wood or PVC structure to hold them.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The basking light should be powerful enough to get proper temps through the screen. A UVB tube (T8) would need to be inside the screen or a T5 could be used and mounted above the screen.

Gail

BD.org Addict
I've mounted UVB tubes inside glass tanks before. I don't have any pictures anymore but I tried to draw it, hope it kinda makes sense.
The metal I used was a 4 inch wide about 1/16 inch thick and as long as you need it to be. The metal strip will sit down in the lip of the tank rim so you can close the lid. I did have to cut a small hole in the screen to pass the power cord through.

35ixfmx.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom