New 40g tank!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayceeBuddy67

Juvie Member
Found this really good deal at PetSmart..... All other small tanks were more money, this 40 gallon was only $80! Also got UVB and D3 calcium dust.

Here is everything
81651-76932703.jpg
81651-1097121020.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That amount of space is a huge improvement! That should help a lot. I would ditch the National Geographic stuff though. Based on what I've tested it's not very good quality. Get a nice UVB tube and a basking bulb for that enclosure though and you should be in business for sure =)

JayceeBuddy67

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Officially finished! Mounted the lights and added details.
81651-167669538.jpg
81651-9089496852.jpg
Enjoying new basking spot!
81651-1082969420.jpg
81651-8453269587.jpg
New hide!

Say what you think! Does it look good?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It looks good space wise. As I mentioned in the other thread I wouldn't mount the lights inside the tank because they are quite close and have potential to cause burns. It's best to have all lighting overhead to help with self regulation of temperature and UV exposure as well. If you don't want the lights on the top then I'd build some kind of structure to mount them above the tank. I use lamp stands for my dome lights. here's a photo that may give you some ideas on how to mount them.

76248-6015069620.jpg

JayceeBuddy67

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I've of course moved stuff around to my liking. I was wondering, should I put a dig site XD in there? If so what kind of substrate? Thanks

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wouldn't put a dig site in there. If she shows signs she wants to dig, then I'd create a separate dig box using wet sand and topsoil for a dig box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom