Help with vivarium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cailaen

Hi there I'm looking at building my beardy a new tank as the one I adopted him in isn't suitable I was just wondering if anyone can offer me any tips as it's the first time I've tried anything like this and I'm new to dragons :) so what I'm really tring to decide is what wood to use to build the tank I want something light but sturdy nothing overly expensive in case I make a mistake or dose anyone recommend any cheap wood for a trial run first ? Also what can I use to make a substrate I heard about shelf liner with sand and rubble but how do I get the sand and rubble to stick and also do I need to keep changing this or can I just wash it ? Any other tips advise would be much appreciated thanks in advance also I live in the uk

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
I've built both my vivs out of top grade 3/4" plywood, it's not light though. In the UK I think you could get a viv-exotics, they have some large ones. We don't have any big cage makers here that I know of that aren't expencive custom shops.

My best advice is build as big as you have space/resources for and just work slow and carefully so you don't need to rebuild it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom