Plants for enclosure, real or not real?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmc4392

Hatchling Member
Should I go with something living for Dalia? I was debating on starting to grow some mustard greens and potentially move the plants into the tank so she can snack on them at her leisure. Now I know not to put toxic live plants in with her as Dragons will eat them, I don't mind putting a live plant in there she can snack on from time to time if she wishes.

I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas or suggestions for stuff I can put in her new enclosure I just got :]

I've recently added more tiles, since when I took this photo I only had the tiles from the old tank. She loves her new space and climbing branches.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've kept kale plants (2) in terra cotta pots on the cool side of the tank (I have the same one you do) in hopes that they would provide a constant snack source. It wound up keeping them alive all winter and they are thriving in the garden now. If you're looking to provide climbing areas or some shade you may want to go with fake plants instead as you can get ivy looking plants that are better suited for that. Of course you could do a combination and put one plant pot in along with some fake plants. I put a small angled rock against the pots to provide both a ramp to the plant and a weight to hold the pot against the side glass to prevent them from being tipped over (this worked well).

kmc4392

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok awesome :] thanks

now where would the best place to get fake plants? The pet stores just seem so overpriced for what they are. Could I potentially get them from Michael's or Joann Fabrics?

Oh and more good news, Dalia has started to consistently eat her greens. I put a pile of mustard greens in front of her the other day and she went to town without me having to coax her!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's great news. The mustards are very good for her. I've had good luck with turnip greens as well. As far as plants go, I'd check online to see what you can find. If you're crafty then you can probably pick up what you need to make fabric plants (something like ivy vines etc) at Michaels or Joann but I'm not sure what they'd have ready made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom