Artificial plants in Vivarium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redleg

I am going to be buying a new Beardie soon and right now I am preparing his/her new habitat. I have a large tank with a MVB and tube 10.0 UVB bulb. (I have a heat gun and a UVB meter to test that there is proper UVB). The floor is marble tile with rocks and branches for the Beardie to bask. My questions is: what about artificial plants to make the habitat look more natural for the reptile? Is this a good idea or will the Beardie try to eat the fake plants? What is the general consensus about fake plants.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
I use fake and real plants. My fake ones for the bearded are grasses, I think they are paper or fabric, not plastic. Keep any eye that the dragon isn't trying to eat them, pepper never bothers his but some dragons might.

I'd take a look at photos of their natural habitat for inspiration if you after something more realistic.

Is your tile smooth?

ruben0311

Juvie Member
If when you get him he seems to not have enough traction to walk fully upright you can just place some more branches or other decorations to have him be elevated a bit more. as long as the plastic plants are not small enough for him to swallow he shouldn't be able to tear them apart. i have just plastic ones in our tank and after giving them a quick nip Fred isn't interested in them any more. I just use the plants as shade for his sand/hide/bed area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom