Basking Bulbs for tank enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kmarks

Hey Everyone.

I have my beardie in a 36x18x18 glass tank enclosure. I have the UVB bulb mounted inside is tank, and have the basking bulb sitting on top of the screen.

I looked on here and saw people were using a household flood light as a basking bulb, instead of a bulb marketed for reptiles.

I am using a 65w bright white flood light right now, but it is not heating up the tank like it is suposed to.

What style and wattage bulb works best for a glass tank enclosure?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I have a glass tank with the same dimensions. I have a 150w ZooMed Repti Basking Spot lamp on an adjustable lamp stand about 19'' above the floor and it gets temps to just over 100. I use a 90w halogen flood light in my portable dome light and that works well at the same distances. Just watch out for hot spots created by the flood light. An infrared temp gun should be able to find these easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom