Traveling and need advice on temporary viv

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmc4392

Hatchling Member
Okay so I need to go up north this weekend to take my Dog to his vet. My parents have a place up there and this will be the first time I've gone up north since I got Dalia. It's only going to be from Friday, saturday and I would be coming home Sunday. My question is, could I potentially bring a temporary tank/viv for Dalia for the weekend so I don't have to leave her home alone? I really want to go up north so I can take care of my Dog, but if need be I can stay home with Dalia. But if there's a chance I can bring Dalia with me, it would solve some future vacation plans I have.

My plan was to use an old critter cage we had at one point for our rabbit before he passed away. Now I would line the bottom with tile and carpet and bring her cave with me, along with the obvious provisions of lighting food and water dishes for the trip.

My question is, would it be too stressful on Dalia if I took her with me? Would it be okay for me to leave her for a day alone?

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
How much space do you have?
I use a large plastic tote for travel, it fits in my trunk and I can put luggage in it. I bring a clamp light for heat, bugs and some premade salad. If it's just a few days you don't need UVb.

kmc4392

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I drive a Chevy cruze, so trunk space isn't really an issue because I can put the seats down if need be for the tote.

What size tote should I use?

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
kmc4392":31i0nl43 said:
I drive a Chevy cruze, so trunk space isn't really an issue because I can put the seats down if need be for the tote.

What size tote should I use?

How big is your dragon? A smaller dragon can do with a smaller tote.
I got a 36x18x14 or something like that. I don't use a lid so I needs to be tall enough he can't hop out. You can use the lid of you want, just cut a big hole and attach screen over it.

kmc4392

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
That's a good question. I haven't had the chance to measure her yet lol I ended up staying home, but for the future I'll measure her and figure out what tote I should get for her. Thanks for the help! :]

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
kmc4392":1vj8r2x8 said:
That's a good question. I haven't had the chance to measure her yet lol I ended up staying home, but for the future I'll measure her and figure out what tote I should get for her. Thanks for the help! :]
Of course, happy to help :) It sounds like she may be happier for staying home this time anyway. Hope your dogs vet trip goes well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom