Beardie is coming up on 1 year bday.... tank size increase

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very happy my beardie Pete is growing and doing well. He eats great food and is becoming more regular now that winter is over. Any time he is lethargic I just give him a bath and he perks right up.
His birthday is May 11th of this year which is coming up quickly... Obviously he is getting bigger and a 40 gallon breeder tank is not big enough... What size tank should an adult bearded dragon get? I know it supposed to be really big but I forgot the exact gallon size. Any input is appreciated thanks.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
A 40g breeder is probably the smallest I'd go with. I suggest going with one that is 4'x2'x2' or so but the more space you can provide, the better.

Petethebeardie

Original Poster
Yes, A 40 gallon breeder is what he is currently using. also when you say 4'x2'x2' do you mean

4 feet by 2 feet by 2 feet LWH?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
As big as you have the room for. Keep in mind that you'll need increased budget to light a larger enclosure properly. If you have a smaller enclosure, you can provide extra outside the tank time as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom