mini halogens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just curious if anyone uses these? Are they good? Im looking for something other than the typical 6" dome light. I have 1 mini dome and was thinking of replacing the 6" with another smaller one but then I found the mini halogens.

2015_03_28_16_14_01.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I haven't used them, but I'd worry about their effective output width. Are you looking for ambient lighting or to produce some basking heat?

I love what you've done with that tank, it looks great!

digitalpunk

Original Poster
CooperDragon":32k7b9x1 said:
I haven't used them, but I'd worry about their effective output width. Are you looking for ambient lighting or to produce some basking heat?

I love what you've done with that tank, it looks great!

Thanks, Im curious how they are for both really. I would think it's just a tighter spot it covers. I guess I'll just replace the bigger of the two with a mini dome.

I used a mini halogen in my 20 gallon tank with my baby dragon. I don't think it would work well for a larger tank because the output of heat was pretty narrow. It worked fine in the small tank, but now that I have moved him to his 4 x 2 x 2, I have switched to a regular size halogen so he will have a larger area for basking. It also seemed like after using the mini halogen for a month or so, it wasn't putting out the heat like it was at first either. My beardie seemed to move closer to the bulb, im assuming to try and get warmer. I was happy to get his new viv finished.
I hope this helps you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom