New girl, bad substrate. Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizzy15

I'm new to bearded Dragons. I just acquired an adult female in a 40 gal with rabbit pellet sub part of it's damp and there are fruit flies!! She seems very stressed right now. Should I leave it for a whileir change immediately? I don't want to stress her more but don't want her to get sick either. She seems healthy and is eating atm. Thanks!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would get rid of the substrate as soon as you can. Damp w/fruit flies doesn't sound good or healthy. Give the tank a nice cleaning with some F10 or Wipe Out and put a solid substrate in place (non adhesive shelf liner would work well for now). While you're cleaning, you can take her out of the tank and put her in a safe spot in the room. She may enjoy having some time to explore as long as it's done in a safe area.

Lizzy15

Original Poster
She was very very calm this evening and I was able to scoop out almost a plastic bag full of wet subtstrate! Yay! Seems all dry now. Will be replacing with tile this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom