lighting revamp help

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I didn't seen any evidence that the packaging had been opened before, but none of the bulbs were shrink wrapped/sealed. I ordered all of them online from Petsmart (I don't have one near me). You're absolutely right about needing the 6.2 readings to get a feel for the actual output ranges/safety. Until I can get my hands on one though, these readings will have to be better than nothing and taken with a grain of salt. I'll update my Solarmeter thread with all of the results when I'm done going through all of the bulbs, hopefully tonight. One thing to note with the tube lights is that I have a Slimline T8 fixture with a reflector. http://www.amazon.com/Energy-Savers-Slimline-Terrarium-Fixture/dp/B0002QI86U

rclay

Original Poster
Grabbed the bulb but they didn't have any fixtures so I had to goto home Depot and get one.. grabbed the wrong one of course, it's one that is to be hard wired not a plug so I'll have to return it.. checked walmart last night and they only had led fixtures that weren't bulb replaceable

rclay

Original Poster
thought i would update this post.. still haven't found a light fixture for my T8 bulb.. all the ones i found for t8's are wired not a power cord.. almost wonder if i should return the T8 bulb and call some stores that are 1-2 hrs away for a T5 bulb.. my dragon is going on day 2 with no UVB bulb just 2 heat bulbs

rclay

Original Poster
thanks.. i might be able to get the bulb tonight.. just gotta check what the length is.. a petsmart 30 mins from here has a 10.0 bulb but i didn't check the size so if it's 24" i'll grab it, i gotta head that way anyways but ur above links are great prices so i've saved them.. will order them tonight if i strike out..

rclay

Original Poster
Another update.. found a 30" T8 repti-sun fixture (fits 24" tube) on clearance for $29.99 at petsmart.. so i returned my T8 all things living tube thinking the fixture came with a bulb like the other repti-sun ones did in the smaller size and get home, box says "bulb not included" :banghead:
hoping my local petsmart still has some T8 all things living bulbs cuz the T8 repti-sun tubes are like $50 each and my local petsmart doesn't have repti-sun anymore..

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Doh! This will work out eventually. The All Living Things tube should be fine if you can get one that fits your fixture.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yes, it should. I was just commenting on being able to pick up the proper length for the fixture in store.

rclay

Original Poster
got the all things living T8 tube and got it in the fixture, fits snug.
it's all kinda rigged to the top of the tank so tonight i'm hoping to use some wood and build hangers out of it to attach to the tank stand itself.. have a good idea of how it should go but will have to see how all the lights fight together..

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've run into that with my fixture. The bulb should be able to spin 180 degrees (gentle but steady force) so it locks into place. If it isn't locked all the way around the bulb goes on and off like that.

rclay

Original Poster
ya edited it out of my post haha.. i just swapped the ends around and put it in.. locked in to place perfectly that way :mrgreen:

rclay

Original Poster
final update..

getting my lights properly hung tonight but the reason i wanted to update is to say how much better the this tube light system is from the MegaRay MVB bulb.. i have never seen my dragon so active in a long time.. he usually just sits in his basking spot day in and day out.. now he's all over the tank.. i don't even have my second flood lamp bulb running just yet.. just my zoomed 150w basking bulb and the 24" T8 All Things Living UVB tube.. my UVB tube isn't even running along the middle of the tank yet, just kinda sitting on the corner/edge of the tank until i hang it tonight :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom