Ceramic or Slate tiles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmc4392

Hatchling Member
I'm switching over my substrate from sand because I think my girl got sick from it. My Dad has some spare ceramic tiles out in the garage, but they're just ceramic vs slate. Obviously I would sanitize the ones that are out in the garage before I used them, but I was wondering if slate tiles would be better for me beardie.

Any thoughts?

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Texture is important - the ceramic tiles will work if they aren't slippery. I like slate becuase it's more rocklike and easier for the dragon to grip/get traction on.

kmc4392

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah I was thinking with going with slate anyway because of the texture.

kmc4392

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
What should I do to the tiles that I got from the hardware store to sanitize them for the tank? I wasn't sure if just warm water would suffice or if I should do a weak bleach solution.

We just got some larger tile pieces from lowes for our beardies and they love them. I believe they are slate as they have texture and are a big heavier than regular tile.

kmc4392

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
My only complaint with slate tiles is that they fall apart when moved often. I could only find the smaller ones to fit into my beardie's tank and they're already chipping. Other than that they work great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom