Lighting Question regarding T8 & T5 fixtures

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently have a T8 reptisun 10.0 florescent bulb, but I keep reading that the T5 bulbs are better. I am going to be building a crossfire enclosure this next week, and I am wondering if I would need to buy a new fixture if I wanted to upgrade to the T5 bulb? The fixture I have I bought at Menards and assembled myself...had to buy an outdoor extension cord and do the electrical myself to wire it. I don't have the box for it any longer. It is just a simple industrial type florescent bulb fixture, usually hard-wired into homes or businesses, I think. So, would I have to buy a different fixture to use the T5 bulbs? Thanks!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yes, to use a T5 you'll need a T5 fixture and I suggest getting one with a reflector built in. You can get a Sunblaster on Amazon for around $40-$50 or you can get a fixture with a good bulb at LightYourReptiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom