Heat Sensor Timer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have problems automatically maintaining the proper temperature in my b.d.'s tank. Anyone have any recommendations on a heat sensor timer that can turn a bulb off when the temperature starts getting too high and then turn it back on when it starts getting too cool?

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
betsybooper":22nznceg said:
I have problems automatically maintaining the proper temperature in my b.d.'s tank. Anyone have any recommendations on a heat sensor timer that can turn a bulb off when the temperature starts getting too high and then turn it back on when it starts getting too cool?

An on/off thermostat would do this but a proportional/dimming thermostat (this dims the light up or down to keep the temp) would be better for a lightbulb. There are a few brands out there

betsybooper

Original Poster
Thanks for the info Taterbug. Can you give me specific products. I just spent some time looking. I found one for about $150. I prefer to spend less than $40.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
betsybooper":34nn51o5 said:
Thanks for the info Taterbug. Can you give me specific products. I just spent some time looking. I found one for about $150. I prefer to spend less than $40.

Dimming ones are more expensive that sounds about right. I use hygrofarm ones for my heat mats, they are ~$30 but are on/off. You could pair it with an inline lamp dimmer (or adjust the distance the bulb is at) to get the temp you want then have the stat as a emergency back up. It won't help as much if you have temperature swings, but will if for some reason you experience over heating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom