Wooden Viv PLEASE ANSWER

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielt7

So I made my Viv out of 3/4 inch ply wood. I put a clear coat stain on it, there are no fumes, but I want to know if I need to put a sealant on it. I housed a bearded dragon in this viv for about a year, and he seemed fine/healthy, never had any health issues with him, but I lost my job and unfortunately I had to sell him. Now that I have a steady, better paying job, I want to re-design the interior and have everything ready before I buy another beardie! Which is something I wish I had done the first time around. So yeah, should I seal it? Even though it's been 2 years since I stained it? Again there are no fumes!

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Sealing is good to help keep your enclosure lasting longer - water and moisture are not kind to wood.

danielt7

Original Poster
Well, the interior (floor, all three walls,) is lined with 1/8 inch thick plexiglass, joints caulked with some nontoxic silicone.
I did it that way for easy clean up, and so no moisture gets on the wood lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom