Sand VS. Carpet advice please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treyvian

Hello all. Thanks for reading. So when I got my Falcor I moved him onto carpet and have been since upgrading everything a little at a time since his (for lack of better term) rescue. Now I recently upgraded his hide and basking spot to a much larger and flatter one which he seems to love. The only problem is the opening is much shorter. My options are to try to widen it or put him on sand. He is over a year to my knowledge but I'm unsure if its the best option. If sand is a good option what kind should I use? I think he would enjoy digging a hole into the hide so I'm leaning that way just need advice on the type and reassurance its the right move. Thank you again.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
I'm not sure what the problem is, can you share a picture? Could you put the hide on some stacked tiles or something? How short is it? It may be ok if he can squeeze into it. My guy likes a snug hide the best.

I don't care for sand as a substrate, he could dig but not really make a safe burrow, it will just shift and collapse back in. I don't care for carpet either, though it seems gross.

Treyvian

Original Poster
Taterbug":bz2445jq said:
I'm not sure what the problem is, can you share a picture? Could you put the hide on some stacked tiles or something? How short is it? It may be ok if he can squeeze into it. My guy likes a snug hide the best.

I don't care for sand as a substrate, he could dig but not really make a safe burrow, it will just shift and collapse back in. I don't care for carpet either, though it seems gross.

Its hard to do pictures cause I'm normally just on mobile. Its the opening to his hide is like 2 inches or less maybe tall. Its a store bought hide/basking spot. Its not really a "problem" but if he would grow idt he can fit through it lol.

BeardedLion

Is it the exo terra large hide? That one has a really small opening that my juvenile barely fits in. Eventually it's time to just make a DIY hide or maybe build a platform for the store one to sit on so he has more clearence. I don't think sand should come back into play, based on what I've heard about it.

Andrewmax789

hahaha....sand vs carpet. eff-course my dear i will advice you carpet not sand and if you willing to know about best carpet then try momeni rugs collections, i hope it will good for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom