New user! First dragon! Need input

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, new on here. Just finished building my vivarium, need to buy my uvb and heat lamp and last but not least the dragon itself.....can't wait!! Would appreciate if you'd post pics of your setups as I would love some input. Also as I'm buying a baby beardy I'd like to know the best way of making him as happy as possable. Thanks!

Pic of my viv
80580-7224678071.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's a nice looking enclosure. I suggest getting a T5 high output UVB bulb and a reflective fixture that is at least 1/2 the length of the tank. Run it across the inside top of the tank to provide a nice UVB gradient. You can install a screw in type socket on the basking side to hold a basking lamp. The wattage should be adjusted to get the basking spot to about 100-110f for a baby dragon. I'd also provide a few hides and some logs or sticks to climb around on. They do like to climb. Here is a photo of my setup. It's all glass so a bit different than yours, but just to provide one example. There are several great ideas for setups in the enclosures section so that's definitely worth browsing a bit. I'm sure others will have great ideas for you as well.

76248-6015069620.jpg

76248-2823883230.jpg

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
To add to what's already been said, in these style cages an inline dimmer is very handy for adjusting the temps. Babies will appreciate things to climb on and enough furnishings to not feel overly exposed/out in the open.

It's got a snake living in it now, but this is my 4x2x2 and when my dragon lived there is was pretty similar (more/thicker branches and not as much leaf litter or plants. I used a 22" UVB.
IMG_4963_zpsee67b28a.jpg

This thread is really quite inspiring :)
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=66704

BeardedLion

I'm a new bearded dragon owner as well, I've had mine for about a month. So far, it an amazing experience. The Reptisun T5 10.0 HO is an amazing UV light. I use it in combination with a standard zoo med deep dome heat lamp with a 100 watt bulb. Keeps my 79 gallon extremely warm, but I'm in a plastic vision tank. I'd post a picture, but I currently have his reptile carpet out for paper towels while he is on some medication treating coccidia >.<

I don't use this assembly in particular, but I saw it and though it would be cool, especially if mounted inside
http://www.amazon.com/Reptile-Fixtu...pplies_89?ie=UTF8&refRID=078GTK5XGZJ3YC2ZD4R3

so ya i have my bearded dragon and you SHOULD NOT have sand cause they could get it in there salad or inhale it and kill them i had one die because of that :( :cry: (my friends i mean) do your newspaper.

JayceeBuddy67

Juvie Member
Hi! I'm new too. Here is my setup!
81651-4031736800.jpg
His name is Buddy. He is a stubtailed Bearded dragon! I've only had him for about 3 months, and he just shed his first this weekend. Does anyone know how to tell how old he his? Thanks!

valleyval21

I am also new to Bearded Dragons and just bought a cage that is very similar!

20150427_162742.jpg

Drogo says Hi!

20150427_162750.jpg

There is a light source inside but I am trying to figure out a way to either mount the light inside the cage or I am gonna have to cut a hole into the top for a light fixture. Right now I have the basking lamp through a vent in the back but he could potentially injure himself so I want it changed asap + I hear it should hit them from the top and not the sides.. the tank is 36x21x14 so i think it may be too short to put a bulb inside.. Please, any input is amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom