backgrounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyBilbo

Hatchling Member
Hey guys, I'm wondering where one can buy a decent desert picture background sizes, 5.5x1.5 and a 7x2 (LxH) I have a nice image and I went to a local print shop they quoted me £200! Eh no so can anybody help me where I can either get my picture printed cheaply or direct me to a place where I can buy a nice image to my size, I am in the UK so think about postage for those outside the uk.

Thank you

Smilobar

Not sure if you've found anything yet, but I got all my backgrounds on eBay and Amazon. I'm in the US, but I found at least this one on Amazon's UK site and one on eBay's UK site:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Arizona-Desert-Aquarium-Plastic-Background/dp/B007K6JIQ4/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_0_0

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vivarium-Aquarium-Reptile-Desert-Background-24-Tall-x-10ft-Wide-/121553922660?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c4d2daa64

I was able to find a double-sided desert 50ft roll on Amazon recently! But before I found that, I found it on eBay. Good luck!

bradh89

Google large format printing, I'd give you the company I used but it's US based. What are the dimensions of the picture you want to use in pixels? You're going to want a pretty high quality, so enough pixels, to blow it up that big. Otherwise it will look like crap. If it's quality is fine then you want to work out the aspect ratio you need for your enclosure and compare that to the image. Crop it as necessary so when it is enlarged you don't end up with a product that is long enough but way too tall or something like that. Here is an example of mine, I botched it up a little installing it so I'll have to get a new one and fix it in there better but you get the idea.

ATT_1424623662601_20150215_164545_zps4b78a1ab.jpg

MyBilbo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The image I had was something's by in the 2k range so was a good image, and it was a landscape pic so once blown up to the correct width it would just need some trimming on the top or bottom to get the hight.

I seen the one on amazone but I'm not really aftr something like that, I want a authentic central Australian or outback type viv so the images I am after are of Australian landscapes but thanks anyway.

I found a poster company online UK based but it's going to be about £130 so it's a case of how bad do I want it I think? As the local printer company quoted me £250 and it would be water proff, UV guarantee protected and the exact size needed. I just can't justify that amount of money just for a back drop lol but well see what happens.

Ps love the moon background lol very original

bradh89

It may be cheaper to have it shipped from here then.. That's crazy, I think I payed like 60 shipped.
Thanks haha. He's my moon dragon :p I cant remember for sure but I think my image was like 14k pixels wide lol, I cropped it down to like 6k though to fit my 5ft cage.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That seems really expensive for a print. I would keep shopping around a bit. I had a background created from two photos I took in Australia and together they were about $50 USD/£33. They are just oversized prints a local copier store put together for me (36x18'' and 18x18'')

76248-2823883230.jpg

MyBilbo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
What can I say everything in the UK is over priced lol, if I can find someone who will ship it I would lol.

I'll keep looking there is still time to sort it thank you all for your info it is much appreciated.

CooperDragon that is just what I'm going for, very nice indeed

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If there aren't any other local options, maybe a bigger company like Zazzle or Fedex/Kinkos can print and ship for a reasonable price. You're welcome to use my photos if they're what you're looking for - I'll send the full size versions if you'd like.

MyBilbo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon that's a lovely offer, I'll have a scout about if I can't find what I want then I PM you the sizes,my address and I can sent payment via PayPal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom