Light fixture question

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm having issues finding a light fixture for the UVB bulb. I can get a 36" T5 fixture, but the Reptisun 10.0 T5 bulb is "HO" (high output). The pet store girl told me I can't use a T5HO bulb in a regular T5 fixture. I'm reading contradicting info on this (no surprise). And I've only been able to find a 24" T8 fixture, but now with the giant tank I want a 36". I've found some specialty aquarium light fixtures, but they're very expensive and I don't like the 'hoods' they come in. I want the simple strip light that I can attach inside the tank.

And I know that many have had luck in their Walmarts, but the stock in Canada is different, I've been to several Walmarts, Canadian Tires, Home Depots and Ronas now. They all carry the 36" T8 fluorescent bulbs, just not the fixtures.

So, should I use the Reptisun 10.0 T5HO bulb in a regular T5 fixture?

-----------------------
Edit - Ok, nevermind! I think I've found a 36" T8 fixture. It's at Home Depot which I was at yesterday looking, but with all the T5/T8/24"/36"/HO/NO blah blah blah maybe I missed it. There are apparently 6 in stock, so I'll try and pick one up tonight after I feed the kids dinner. Fingers crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom