I went shopping, what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I introduced myself in the newbie forum, but I'll give a quick background. I have a family member who has an 8yo beardie, and while deeply loved, they're moving and I have now inherited said beardie. Unfortunately while loved, there are a few key elements missing from the equipment. I've been trying to learn as much as possible as quickly as possible. Spike came to live with me today so I've been able to see exactly what she has and hopefully figure out what she needs. I was able to snag a 45g (39x17x17) tank from another family member with the plan to buy a 75gish tank (to keep in mind for size).

So I went to Walmart and bought this flourescent fixture. Its 24" and a T5. I plan on picking up the ReptiSun 10.0 tube tomorrow. Is this right? Will the 24" be big enough?

IMAGE_92.jpg

IMAGE_93.jpg

Currently Spike has a dome fixture that has a red light bulb in it (maybe good mood lighting to some, pretty useless for her I figure). What kind of bulb should I be looking for, for her heat/basking light? Is there a good wattage to look for? Kelvin number? Daylight/cool light/soft light/so many choices! Here are a couple I saw, no idea if any are suitable. Any recommendations in this department?

IMAGE_91.jpg

IMAGE_90.jpg

IMAGE_89.jpg

Also I picked up a digital thermometer with probe. This was the only one there, will it do?

IMAGE_94.jpg

Anything else in the lighting/heat department I need to think about?

Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom