Lighting Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

wfdenham

Hey all,
new bearded dragon owner here, and even after reading previous forum post and stickies im still confused about the whole lighting issue.

My first question is related to the topic of 5000 kelvin lighting for a basking bulb/enclosure.
Is there such thing as a 5k basking bulb (my local lowes, home depot, and walmart have no higher watage bulb that produces 5k) that can be bought online, if not locally? or do most of the 5k setups rely on other heat emitter for basking (ceramic, or any other)

is 5k neccesary?

Either way what basking bulbs do you use?
I had to buy a 65w flood phillips but I feel it is not up to par with standards.

I have found so much information on why you should buy a reptisun. So I have bought a reptisun bulb 10.0 34" (the high output seems too strong for what i am using it for).
could anyone give me a link to buy a proper fixture for it (once again my local lowes, walmart, and home depot have failed me.)

me and my dragon appreciate any response thank you for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom