24" vs 36" ReptiSun 10.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bgip2202

I'm having a hard time trying to decide between a 24" ReptiSun 10.0 or a 36". I have a 4' tank (75 gal) and was wondering what the pros and cons were. Will he/she be okay with a 24" properly mounted? I am also finding it hard to find a 36" t8 under the counter fixture that is reasonably priced. Any and all input is appreciated.

Sauzo

Sub-Adult Member
24 inch should be fine. Generally you want 50-75% of the cage in the UVB so you should be ok. Just make sure its 6-8 inches from the dragon. I use an 18 inch in my 4ft cage but I also use a MVB as well all stacked on the left side so Harley has the choice of ultimate UVB experience or lack of. You always want to offer them a way to retreat from the UVB if they so desire.

Bgip2202

Original Poster
I plan on mounting the light on the back of the tank. Should i mount it in the center, or closer to his baking spot? If i mount on the baking side, only half the tank we'll have light and I'll have a dark side

Sauzo

Sub-Adult Member
I would mount it on the side with the heat lamp. You can do what I did and mount one side with the UVB and the other side with just a daylight tube.

Bgip2202

Original Poster
Will the light that came with the fixture (grow light, 75w light output) be okay for the dragon as a daylight tube?

Sauzo

Sub-Adult Member
Should but generally you want something along the lines of 4500 kelvins which is close to simulating sunlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom