Climbing bracnhes

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just bought a bearded dragon for my little girl and she wants to put branches in the cage that she found outside. Do I need to do something to them first besides washing them? I would love for little Daisy to have some more things to climb on but I am cautious about using anything my daughter finds outside.

F2M2

I am new to this, but the book I have, and info I found on this site suggest that for outside branches:

1. Wash with a bleach solution by either immersing the branch in the water or spraying it down, then rinse until no bleach smell (10% bleach solution) and let it dry.

2. After bleaching bake in the oven at 250 degrees Farenheit for 60 minutes

getgab92

Juvie Member
Sorry to steal off this thread but I have a branch that I really really like that I got from outside but it doesn't fit in my oven. So how should I do that then?

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
My branches were too big as well. I filled up the bath tub with hot water and diluted bleach, scrubbed them to get the bugs/crud/loose bits off and then let them soak. After that I rinsed them off outside with the hose really really well, and left them to dry in the sun for a couple days.

Its best not to use punky wood, or anything obviously infested with bugs.

Do not use pine or cedar cedar as the sap/resin/oil is unhealthy for reptiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom