minimum size tank for a bearded dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLOVEmySPIKE

Hatchling Member
hi my bearded dragon spike is about 5 inches long (not including the tail) and i want to no wen can i put him in a 40 breeder tank? i usually dont feed him in his tank anyways unless im feeding him crickets so i dont think he will have any trouble getting his food in a bigger tank. rite now he is in a 10 gallon tank and he is doing great :D

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
You should be able to put him in the 40 gallon now as long as you have the proper lighting and heat sources. What do you have for UVB? Do you have a basking log or branch for him to crawl on? How do you measure your temps? Can you make sure that his temps for basking are kept at 98 - 110 degrees? And as long as you feed him in a seperate tank so the crickets don't get lost, he should be fine in the 40 gallon tank.

Adama

The Zilla UVB bulbs have a history of too much UVB output causing eye damage, etc. I'd recommend replacing with a Reptisun 10.0.

BadCon

Sub-Adult Member
That's just the hood. You'll still need to buy the bulb separately (first link in the other post). remember, these bulbs need to be changed every 6 months.

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
midmichicer":3lks80a3 said:
Whatever your zilla bulb is in will accommodate a repti-sun. I use an old Zilla fixture for mine. The cheapest place to get your bulb is here...
http://www.petmountain.com/product/...42-504983/zoo-med-reptisun-10-0-uvb-bulb.html

Actually beardeddragon.co is .80 cheaper, and their shipping is much quicker than Pet Mountain. I always wait over a week for stuff I order from Petmountain. It gets irritating if it's something I need really quick. Everything I order from www.beardeddragon.co I get with 2 - 3 days.

BadCon

Sub-Adult Member
Beardeddragons.co is simply selling under-cabinet lights that you can find at various home improvement stores. Not saying this is a bad thing, but a resourceful person could construct the same item...probably not for any less money though, as those prices are pretty decent. Not a true "hood" fixture, but should be great for people on a budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom