This is our setup how does it look

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovemylittleyoshi

Hatchling Member
viv.jpg

Hello, everyone
This is our new tank setup, its a 29 gallon tank for a starter! I have outdoor tile on the bottom, i am using a reptisun 10.0 bulb, and a basking spot lamp which is 50 watts its about 10 inches from the highest spot on the hammock! Give me your input to this please.

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
how far away is the hammock from the UVB bulb? and is there any mesh between it and the tank??

Apart from that looks lovely

Brokenwings

Hatchling Member
Grout the tiles or put something over.
I did that mistake and 3 nails of my beardie cut snapped off because they got stuck in between. He's okay and all but he'll never get his nails back. His nails go in 1/8th about, it took a little piece of his thumb too. Even today, years later, he still has a finger bigger than the others. don't let that happen to your beardies :(

lovemylittleyoshi

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The uvb bulb is 13 inches from the hammock. Grout the tiles, I was going to do that on his big viv that i build for him what if i had a space in the middle of the tiles and had reptile carpet under those tiles?

Brokenwings

Hatchling Member
I put reptile carpet over the tiles...not that it matters much (the tiles i mean) you can space out the tiles, but sure his claws cant be stuck in though. enough space so if his whole foot gets in there, he can take it out no problem. (half inch to an inch if full grown)

If you want a best job though, just grout. Sexy, and everything-proof. Use non sanded grout, aka : grout you use for bathroom tiles in showers for examples. Smoother i find and there's no risk of him licking the sandy part. Really the best way to go. unless you put over repti carpet.

lovemylittleyoshi

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Okay thanks i also have no screen cause i did not want that to get in the way of the uvb bulb so i left it open, is that okay all the spots are low enough that he can not escape so thats a plus.

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
you will also need to lower the UVB, it needs to be about 6-8" from the beardy for the best UVB, every inch further away and the ammount of UVB he gets decreases dramatically. You can either lower the UVB into the tank or raise the hammock up to meet it!

lovemylittleyoshi

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
[http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae164/Thepretzers/vivpicturefinished.jpg/img]
I switched it around now this is the final viv i want it to be perfect how does it look

lovemylittleyoshi

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
My uvb bulb is bare in the tank nothing like screen or glass in its way its 11 inches from his spots and the basking temp is 116 and the cool side is 79. How is that?

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
The UVB needs to be 6-8" away, so 11 is still too far, try raising the hammock up a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom