Backgrounds??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am going to build a 4x2x2 cage and was wonder if you know a place where i can get a 2 foot tall background for it. In my local petstores they only have 2 foot tall backgrounds for a fish tank and i can't use that for Smeagol. If you know any websites that sell them can you please tell me!!

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
I don't know how much you are willing to spend, but if I were building a 4'x2'x2' enclosure, I think I would definitely invest in one of these panels. I think they look awesome and they come in a variety of colors and textures, as you can see at the bottom of the page. Since the non-interlocking ones are exactly 4'x2', they'd be perfect.

bccrt5

Hatchling Member
ok, i just had a thought, you could paint your own background...now i can hear your thoughts already Yeah Right....hear me out. i have no real artistic talent, but i have painted murals on my kids walls using this method so i think it would work...
1. take a posterboard and cut it to size
2. pic out a picture you want to draw from the interent
3. enlarge picture to size, i will drum up the application i used for this if you want it
4. print out an outline of the picture (it will be on regular paper, numbered in tile form, cut off the edges and work from there)
5. next you buy transfer paper, (really cheap at hobby lobby or michaels..couple bucks)
6. use transfer paper as instuctions say and trace picture
7. now you have a coloring page of the picture
8. paint it, you can texturize or color to your choice and liking
9. attach it to the back of the tank

do you guys think this would work????

bccrt5

Hatchling Member
you can do it online at www.blockposters.com they will allow you to upload an image and then choose how many pages you want it to be, telling you the approximate dimensions of the finished product. download the .pdf file and you can then print your blocks for the image and start from there.

i will warn you, don't pick an extremely detailed picture, the less detail the better, you can always download individual pictures of other cacti or whatever you want to add more detail to the picture.

bccrt5

Hatchling Member
honestly it doesnt cuz you print it out as an outline...and paint all the colors in yourself, or marker, or whatever means u want reaslly

Smeagol358

Original Poster
Why do you need the transfer paper?? When I did it before it just printed out the whole picture. I don't get why you need transfer paper.

bccrt5

Hatchling Member
i am probably doin g it a bit differently than you would, as i transfer the outline of the image to my posterboard in order to paint the image as i want...therefore i am starting with just an outline and basically a free canvas

bccrt5

Hatchling Member
my printer has an option for it...or you can search for "coloring pages" and save the image, then enlarge it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom