Nightlight went out

Discuss substrates, lighting, heating, enclosure building ideas, share enclosure photos, and talk about any other enclosure-related topics.

Nightlight went out

Postby techdave » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:10 pm

[TOPIC AUTO-LOCKED DUE TO INACTIVITY]

Ok, so Tiamats night light broke a few minutes ago. It gets really cold in the house,sometimes I can see my breath, 40 degrees maybe, which is why he has it. I got the fire going but it won't last the night and it's going to get pretty cold here. Question is, what the lowest temp he can go to during the night and still be ok?
techdave
Juvie Poster

Re: Nightlight went out

Postby CarlosEFF » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:15 pm

I hate when I post things and I have views but no one responds. I can't answer this sorry
DAMU
CarlosEFF
Hatchling Poster

Postby myzeak » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:16 pm

I always read 60f Can you turn a heater on? or just have your guy sleep with you wraped in a blanket by the way what typer of light is it because they can see the red ones and it can bother them wile they are trying to sleep it is better to use a ceramic heat emiter (they suposed to last a very long time)
Casey Bourn
" Get Off the X"
"The Beatings will stop when moral improves"
myzeak
Hatchling Poster

Postby techdave » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:13 pm

I don't have a heater, only fireplace. It was a purple bulb but the light emitted was blue. I looked into the CHE, and they were too expensive right now. I did get a black light heat lamp. That's ok, right?
techdave
Juvie Poster

Postby myzeak » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:12 pm

techdave wrote:I don't have a heater, only fireplace. It was a purple bulb but the light emitted was blue. I looked into the CHE, and they were too expensive right now. I did get a black light heat lamp. That's ok, right?

For a temp fix (few days or so) it should be fine the CHE are pritty expensive but last a long time. its a good investment when you have money for them. If you use a fire place or something you can take a towel or blanket and cover there viv so they can not see it or wrap your bd in a blanket were he cant see any lights might help.
Casey Bourn
" Get Off the X"
"The Beatings will stop when moral improves"
myzeak
Hatchling Poster

Postby techdave » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:44 pm

Cool, thanks:)
techdave
Juvie Poster

Postby CarlosEFF » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:00 pm

Yea, a ceramic heater is a great investment. A perfect way to keep your dragon nice and warm, I'm currently using one and my beardie loves to sleep on the side I have it on
DAMU
CarlosEFF
Hatchling Poster

Return to Enclosures