Basking Bulb?

Discuss substrates, lighting, heating, enclosure building ideas, share enclosure photos, and talk about any other enclosure-related topics.

Basking Bulb?

Postby TheWaveCarver » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:48 pm

[TOPIC AUTO-LOCKED DUE TO INACTIVITY]

I was using a mvb as a heat source for my bearded dragon, which only emitted about 90-95 degrees of heat when it was a dangerous 10 inches away. I realized i had to find a better heat source. I went to my local pet store and looked at the basking bulbs which were $20-$30. So what i want to know is, can i use a regular house hold bulb as a basking bulb or does it need to be a special bulb for pets. My dragon is already getting all her essential vitamins so it all comes down to heat. The bulb i'm planning on using is a regular 75w halogen flood bulb that emits heat from 100-107 degrees at about 10 inches away. Is this ok?
TheWaveCarver
Hatchling Poster

Re: Basking Bulb?

Postby Twobeardieguy » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:40 pm

Yes a 75w halogen flood bulb or 100 watt house hold bulb works great! :wink:
When life closes 1 door, a new window will open up- R.I.P. dad you are dearly missed and will always be loved....... USMC- Until we meet again!!!!!!
R.I.P. my Cali girl.-3-19-13- You will forever be in our hearts, minds and souls. We now know you are resting on dads shoulder. XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX
Lance
Twobeardieguy
BD.org Sicko

Return to Enclosures