Loose Substrate - is this Okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was about to purchase this loose substrate off amazon (https://www.amazon.com/Critters-Comfort-Coconut-Reptile-Substrate/dp/B07NFCXYXF/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8) but wanted to make sure it was okay before pulling the trigger. "Critters Comfort Coconut Reptile Bedding Organic Substrate - Fine, 21 Quarts"

My three year old bearded dragon has been digging a lot lately and am planning on her new tank having a substrate with a mix of Play Sand/That Bedding/Slate Tiles

I cannot find any reviews mentioning risk of impaction for bearded dragons, only reviews mentioning it was too fine for other reptiles. Looks great from what I can tell so far, but it is still coconut husk.

Thank you

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
thermalsurfing10":2c6wp5vv said:
I was about to purchase this loose substrate off amazon (https://www.amazon.com/Critters-Comfort-Coconut-Reptile-Substrate/dp/B07NFCXYXF/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8) but wanted to make sure it was okay before pulling the trigger. "Critters Comfort Coconut Reptile Bedding Organic Substrate - Fine, 21 Quarts"

My three year old bearded dragon has been digging a lot lately and am planning on her new tank having a substrate with a mix of Play Sand/That Bedding/Slate Tiles

I cannot find any reviews mentioning risk of impaction for bearded dragons, only reviews mentioning it was too fine for other reptiles. Looks great from what I can tell so far, but it is still coconut husk.

Thank you
NO …. not for a bearded dragon .

OK for a Bluetongue skink though ( looks like course Kritters Krumple that I use for BT skinks mixed with shed eucalyptus leaves and bark ).

Tiles or lino or a few layers of paper towels are best for bearded dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom