New Exo Terra Large/Wide Enclosure setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shidohari

Hatchling Member
So i broke down and purchased the Large/Wide Exoterra enclosure setup at the reptile show today. I also purchased 1000 ct BSFL from a vendor who was selling them there.

I didn't use the styrofoam back piece that came with the enclosure as I wanted to make Kohaku Chai's new enclosure very close in setup to her old one. I think it turned out pretty well, though was not expecting that cross piece on the top part My T22 fixture which currently has a arcadia 12% from when I purchased it from LIghtyourreptiles.com now sits on top of it but it is slightly crooked due to that top piece on the screen.

Basking light positioning had to be slightly adjusted as well. Still all and all not a bad setup, and I LOVE the front opening doors. We wrapped the outside on all sides except the front in black garbage bag because best budget background ever.

Currently switched my basking bulb to 100W exo terra intense basking light from the 150W i had in there. Slight scratch on one of the doors due to my friend trying to maneuver the enclosure up the stairs

Going to give the person who rode me up my old Zilla enclosure as I have no place to keep it. Also given my budgeting i'm not likely to get a second beardie because I would have no proper space to keep the second enclosure.

Pictures are below.

94545-6680591306.jpg

94545-7851961627.jpg

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
The Exo terra is nice, love the doors, I think I open the doors probably 50 times a day. It’s a great tank. I use Velcro to attach the rock wall on the back of the tank. Mystic tried to climb it, until he realized it’s on the outside, lol.

Shidohari

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I also love the doors, she's less jumpy when I put my hand in there now. And I never thought about velcroing the styrofoam to the back.

Scotch tape and black 30 gallon garbage bags cut up are always budgetworthy plan B. I did the same thing on the back of my 10 gallon betta tank as well.

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
The Exo terra is nice, love the doors, I think I open the doors probably 50 times a day. It’s a great tank. I use Velcro to attach the rock wall on the back of the tank. Mystic tried to climb it, until he realized it’s on the outside, lol.

budzoboy

I have that same tank, but recently upgraded to the 36x18x36 tall tank
I don't use the lid..and I suspend the lights down on chain, so I can adjust the height
also gives her a little higher place to climb

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That extra height would be nice. I have the 18'' but leave the top off and suspend the lights too which helps.

Shidohari

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I live in a condo by myself with a ceiling that is quite a bit higher than the enclosure and on a slant, which is why i have never hung my light fixture. I also have pictures on the wall right above the enclosure so that's why it's tough for me to do that... Unfortunately no other way to suspend the lights where i live.

i would either down the line need to save for one of those enclosures with the spots to put the fixtures or find a way around using the top lid.

Sorry just woke up so words not quite as coherent as they could be.

Shidohari

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Was also interested in the Large Tall. i would have to rearrange things and maybe put it more towards floor level if i got that one. But i do like the climbing height on it.

Because of where I have to stage things at this time, the large wide was a better choice, and was also available at the reptiles show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom