Wheat grass, Spider plant, & Aloe Safe for beardies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeardedSaint

Hatchling Member
As the title says, are these safe for a beardies, I have a bioactive tank and all the plants I put in there die and these plants are meant to be the best that have been known to survive in a bio tank without a plant light, and was wondering if they would be safe

Wheat grass, Spider plant, & Aloe plant

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Pony tail palm is safe as well. I've read that the spider plant is related to opium and may produce a mild state of euphoria in cats.....so beardie may take a few bites and be extra mellow.

One thing about plants in the tank, beardies love to dig [ they trample everything as well ] and your plants may not last long.

HylianHealeys

Juvie Member
AHBD":1zn7ssc7 said:
I've read that the spider plant is related to opium and may produce a mild state of euphoria in cats.....so beardie may take a few bites and be extra mellow.

Beardie pot! :lol:

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Not sure about spider plants, but i have grown wheat grass and aloe in my bioactive setup. Wheatgrass takes way more water than I would expect, more than I could keep up with. Aloe is actually rather delicate and beardie nails will quickly turn it into a pincushion. The only thing I have had long term success with with snake plant/mother in laws tounge. Even that looks pretty ratty for being climed on, but it’s a pretty robust plant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizziefan
Top Bottom