Light Fixture Bracket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Hi everyone,
Does anyone know where to get the light fixture bracket to hang for the reptile lamp stand? I know the mini domes have this they have a little bracket thingy you can like pick it up and move it around. Is there a specific name for it so i can find it somewhere? lol

This is the light fixture i have and i would like to use a bracket so hang straight down i doubt this is how it should be LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Here's a picture for reference of what i am looking for. Anyone know the exact name for it?

Thanks! :)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I have that style of dome reflector, only all mine came with those silly wire spring style clamps (useless).

I would guess it's called a "hanging hook" , all you need is a bit of low carbon steel wire that's like what you usually find in wire coat hangers is perfect and can easily be cut and bent by hand using a bench vice and pair a pliers.
I've never seen the "proper" hanger hooks sold as spare parts on Ebay. Not that I've seriously looked.

I get around this lack of "hook" by creating a loop in the powercable just above the top the ceramic e27 holder , and simply use a short length of nylon cable tie to secure the loop so it can't slip, twist ties (the heavy duty type) work OK to, and the loop simply slip onto the hook on the end of the Lamp Stand. Only use my approach because I can't be bothered cutting and bending a bit of while and I happened to have the cable ties handy in my BNPs / handyman drawer in the kitchen.

My wife has the camera stashed somewhere and it's 2am so it wont be appreciated my her is I wake her up to fish out her (point and shoot) style camera, so I'll take a photo of what I do and upload it for you tomorrow (if I remember).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom