Cleaning enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I was thinking about the cleaning terrarium thing and so many questions got into my mind. I have seen other forums but I do not understand anything in them. As every beard owner, I want to know how to clean his/her enclosure in a safe way. What can I use to clean it and how? How often should I clean the terrarium? Is Fluker´s Super Scrub ok for it and if it is how can I use it? How should I clean everything in order to kill parasites, viruses and bacteria? Hope someone helps me out on this since I am super confused.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I spot clean the tank using a mix of vinegar and water. That gets solid bits up really well. When I want to sanitize everything I pull everything out. The tile gets scrubbed and rinsed and put in the oven. Same with wood parts. I bake those on low (about 250) for 45 min or an hour to sanitize then pull them out to cool.

Composite/plastic parts and the glass of the tank get sprayed with the vinegar/water and scrubbed as well. Then I spray them with F10SC and let that sit for at least 10 min. I either let it air dry or rinse and wipe dry after 10 min or so. That will take care of most cases. Sometimes I use my steam cleaner instead of the F10SC to sanitize.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I spot clean whenever it gets dirty with bits of food etc and I sanitize it if it gets pooped in. I've seen super scrub but I haven't used it. Looks to do pretty much the same thing as vinegar with a lot more cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom