Tank cover screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippo

So I just purchased a new T5HO 36" by Zoomed and it came along with a UVB 10 bulb. It is placed on the top of my 40gal national geographic tank at the back end of the tank. I also placed a very large Java wood that's very thick and about 8 inches high and about 2-2.5 foot long. The tank measure 17 inches high. Now, I was wondering if you guys out there like to leave the screen on the tank or off knowing that the screen will filter the UVB and also reducing the heating lights? I personal like to leave the screen off but wonder if that is a good or bad idea? By the way, the humidity in my tank is 30 and the heat is around 82-85degree ( zoomed 100w) and my guys are about to turn 2 years of age in April of 2017...thanks for all the help!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

A lot of us on here prefer to mount the tube bulbs underneath of the screen top, or remove the screen top altogether. Mounting on top of the screen definitely does filter out some of the UVB.
If you are going to use a T5 then the UVB would still be sufficient being placed on top of the screen.
How far do you plan on having the light from him on the basking spot?

Tracie

zippo

Original Poster
Drache613":2z844pqz said:
Hello,

A lot of us on here prefer to mount the tube bulbs underneath of the screen top, or remove the screen top altogether. Mounting on top of the screen definitely does filter out some of the UVB.
If you are going to use a T5 then the UVB would still be sufficient being placed on top of the screen.
How far do you plan on having the light from him on the basking spot?

Tracie
The lights are on from 10am till midnight. Also, is there a difference in using a mini deep dome combo vs a regular deep dome combo? Thanks for the info Stacie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom