What animal was this even made for?

Post topics and discussions that have nothing to do with bearded dragons or reptiles here!!!

What animal was this even made for?

Postby loljelloclowdz » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:54 pm

So you know those dual-dome fixtures for the coil UVB and then the heat lamp all in one? What reptile even does good under a coil UVB? Snakes? (Snakes might actually get MBD, believe it or not.) Tiny little anoles?

It just baffles my mind that zilla and zoo med both put out these products they know shouldn’t be used for bearded dragons, but yet they continue doing it. It seems cheaper to just make a long slimline fixture than to have machines making domes by punching metal, ya know?
Marijke - 50% red 50% yellow hypo het trans female w/ blue bars from Kids And Dragons
loljelloclowdz
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: What animal was this even made for?

Postby Jacobsherps » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:40 am

I actually realy like those fixtures and i use it mainly for my anole who is still in his temporary home. I like it because he does spend most of his time basking so hes bathing in the uvb. Its also great because i dont need a billion fixtures on his tank. I dont like it for animals like bearded dragons but smaller reptiles like anoles that are in a 10 gal do quite well with it. Also im working on a 40 gal for my anole so he will get the same lighting my beardies get. Il probbaly get the ones ment for fish tanks because the tank will be planted and they do the same thing
[Click image to enlarge]

I think were talking about the same fixture
[Click image to enlarge]
Jacobsherps
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Off Topic