Share your Covid-19 Pandemic recipies.

Post topics and discussions that have nothing to do with bearded dragons or reptiles here!!!

Re: Share your Covid-19 Pandemic recipies.

Postby kingofnobbys » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:06 pm

Finally got a pack of Sourdough Bread mix
Enough in the pack to make 5 loafs.

Process : Menu 10.
Next time we might make the dough in the machine and transfer to a deep bread pan to finish in the oven to get a "prettier" loaf.

Result : smelt wonderful and aromatic while baking , and really interested Gutzy the Water Dragon who was up and tasting the air the whole time the loaf was baking and cooling . Got my tastebuds going too.
Loaf was too tall ! hit the lid of the machine .
Really tasty crust bits.

Fixes :

Beautiful soft tasty bread , even the crust is soft ( we bagged it in a sealed freezer bag overnight to cool and this made a huge difference - moisture that might have been lost was taken up by the crust ).
CBDs: Cleopatra & Caesar born 28Jan19.
Puff (RIP 10Dec15),Rex (RIP 16Mar17),Toothless (RIP 26Nov17).Peppa (RIP 22Mar19).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : Gutzy (F) 27Sep19, Fluffy (F) rescued injured by lawnwacker 14Nov17, Wriggles (F) - injured rescue, over 8 yrs old, RIP 2Feb16 old age. Lucky juvenile (M) - cat attack rescue (lost r-eye, broken r-lower jaw), fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.
G.Dubia Gecko (F) hatchling : Godzilla
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Share your Covid-19 Pandemic recipies.

Postby kingofnobbys » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:15 pm

Have done 3 loafs of Sourdough Rye bread , all 3 were too tall ( hit the machine's lid - very hard to clean up as the crust bakes onto the surface and is very sticky - took me over an hour to clean the lid last night ( using damp scot-towels and a plastic scraper ( DONT use metal as it will damage the metal surfaces ).

So I contacted the bread mix manufacturer to ask for advise from their tech people , they have been very fast in offering advise as follows :

When baking with your Panasonic SD-ZB2512 we recommend to the following to avoid a tall loaf:
- 375ml Water
- 500g Bread Mix
- 1 tsp Yeast

With all Laucke Bread Mixes we recommend a 4 hour setting, for this Panasonic it’ll be Basic Setting #1.

If the loaf is still too large for the bowl of the bread machine when baking you may also option to remove ¼ tsp of yeast with each bake until the optimal size is achieved.

Yeast content controls the size of the loaf ( as I expected and tried to explain to my wife who was blaming the machine ) , yeast creates CO2 that makes voids in the dough and makes it swell .
CBDs: Cleopatra & Caesar born 28Jan19.
Puff (RIP 10Dec15),Rex (RIP 16Mar17),Toothless (RIP 26Nov17).Peppa (RIP 22Mar19).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : Gutzy (F) 27Sep19, Fluffy (F) rescued injured by lawnwacker 14Nov17, Wriggles (F) - injured rescue, over 8 yrs old, RIP 2Feb16 old age. Lucky juvenile (M) - cat attack rescue (lost r-eye, broken r-lower jaw), fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.
G.Dubia Gecko (F) hatchling : Godzilla
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to Off Topic