Is a Cintiq or a IPad Pro&Apple Pencil better? Any thoughts?

Post topics and discussions that have nothing to do with bearded dragons or reptiles here!!!

Is a Cintiq or a IPad Pro&Apple Pencil better? Any thoughts?

Postby HippieLizards » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:26 pm

Now this is REALLY off topic I know; But I've been trying to get better as an artist lately and I really want to get into digital art. And I've been doing a ton of research on which tablet is best, and I've narrowed it down to either a Wacom Cintiq, or An IPad Pro with the Apple Pencil.

Both of them seem like the best fit for me, But if any of y'all here are digital artists, what's your opinion on each of them and what do you think is better? I've heard excellent things about both things and I'm leaning more toward the Apple Pencil route (because the portability is very nice).

But I figured it'd be smart to get other artists opinions before I start searching for one and sink $500-$800 on one. :)
Slave to Four Beardies, one Crested gecko, one leopard gecko, a Ball Python, two Betta fish, and a Cat. (R.I.P Thor & Cisco, You two will always be in our hearts).[Click image to enlarge]
HippieLizards
Sub-Adult Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Is a Cintiq or a IPad Pro&Apple Pencil better? Any thoug

Postby CooperDragon » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:14 am

I haven't tried either one. Are you near a store where you can try them both out in person and see how they feel?
CooperDragon

Postby HippieLizards » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:26 pm

Unfortunately no, but I have seen the iPad Pro in person a couple of times and it seems really good, I've also watched many videos about them and I really am split 50/50. But I do think I'm going to lean more towards the Apple Pencil route to start off with and maybe work my way towards a cintiq later on. :) :study:
Slave to Four Beardies, one Crested gecko, one leopard gecko, a Ball Python, two Betta fish, and a Cat. (R.I.P Thor & Cisco, You two will always be in our hearts).[Click image to enlarge]
HippieLizards
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby claudiusx » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:07 pm

I wish I was artistic enough to even have a say in this discussion :laughing6:

-Brandon
claudiusx
BD.org Sicko

Postby HippieLizards » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:30 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: Either way, any input helps! :lol:
HippieLizards
Sub-Adult Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Off Topic