~5 month old beardie

Post topics and discussions that have nothing to do with bearded dragons or reptiles here!!!

~5 month old beardie

Postby Joeu » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:52 pm

Hi, i just bought 2 new baby beardies. I have always had them growing up and figured after my last one passed away it was time to get new ones after a couple of years so i am pretty familiar with the care and some common issues. I bought 2. One of them is thriving and is super healthy and a beast. The other however has been SUPER weak for the past ~2 weeks barely eating had is oretty obvious he has MBD (metabolic bone disorder) he cant move his legs etc. sp i tried giving calcium baths hand feeding veggies etc. TODAY i look at the tank and he was on his back with a ling string coming out of his butt. I went to wipe it away and it just kept coming and coming and coming its about 6 in long!!!!! Now im not familiar with prolapse but theres no blood its not red and no organ like characteristics. I know theres the sperm plugs but this is wassss to long and thin, i think. What else can it be and also can this have been causing the mbd like symptoms like could he bave been impacted?
Joeu
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: ~5 month old beardie

Postby Joeu » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:55 pm

[Click image to enlarge]
Joeu
Newbie Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:15 am

That's odd. It isn't the typical shape of a sperm plug (kind of a U or M). It could be a long string of mucous given the color. Do you see hair in the center of it? Sometimes if they ingest a hair it will pass through with some buildup on it. Given the other symptoms though, it's probably a good idea to bring him to the vet for a checkup.

Are the two housed together? If so, one may be dominating resources from the other and causing him to become ill.
CooperDragon
BD.org Sicko

Postby Joeu » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:28 pm

I have been going crazy trying to find a solution. He looks so weak but has not gotten worse, or better in weeks. I went to an exotic pet store, to try and save money going to a vet, and they said maybe parasites. Any ideas
Joeu
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Off Topic