just wondering

Post topics and discussions that have nothing to do with bearded dragons or reptiles here!!!

just wondering

Postby JIMMIA » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:39 pm

Why doesn't my JIMMIA look nothing like all your beardies? please, I've read a few different websites for difference of beardies, and a member from this website told me what she is (she is a central) but I do not seem to find much imformation on her colouring and she does not seem to have any of these traits!

so is this because Jimmia was wild when found her ? and its hard to exactly odentify her as we do not know what her parents were ?

she seems so small to some beardies I see here but she is healthy in mine and some others eyes, and now I just don't know what else I am suppose to do :) sorry :( so please keep in mind I'm from Australia and my guess is she pure bred :)

[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]

FOR YOUR INFO AND BEGINNERS

Normal - Bearded dragon offspring from breeding two bearded dragons with different traits.

Hypo - Bearded dragon offspring from breeding two bearded dragons with hypomelanism traits. Generally the offspring are lighter in color and have a sigificant reduction of dark colors in the skin, eyes, and nails.

Trans - Bearded dragon offspring from breeding two bearded dragons with translucent traits which makes their skin appear to be slightly translucent/see-through. Generally trans bearded dragons have solid black eyes.

Hypo Trans - Bearded dragons that lack dark colors and have slightly transparent/translucent skin.

Het Hypo - Bearded dragons that carry the hypomelanism trait, yet do not display it visually. If a het hypo produces offspring, some of the offspring may show the hypomelanism trait while others don't (this is largely depndant on the traits of bearded dragon which it was bred with).

Het Trans - Bearded dragons that carry the translucent trait, yet do not display it visually. When they produce offspring, some of the offspring may show the translucent trait, while others may not (this depends on the traits of the other bearded dragon which was mated).

Double Het - Bearded dragons that carry both the hypomelanism and translucent traits, yet do not display them visually. Their offspring may or may not show these traits, depending on the traits carried by the other bearded dragon which was used to mate.

Hypo Het Trans - Bearded dragons that show the hypomelanism trait, yet carry (and don't display) the translucent traits.

Trans Het Hypo - Bearded dragons that show the translucent trait, yet carry (and don't display) the hypomelanism trait.

Source: http://www.thebeardeddragon.org/types-o ... ragons.php
JIMMIA
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: just wondering

Postby CooperDragon » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:15 pm

I'm not exactly sure why she looks different. I think it may be that she looks more like what they should. Keep in mind that the dragons around the world, especially in the US, come from a very small group that was exported. Very shallow gene pool. In the wild they may have a wider variety of sizes and looks just based on a much deeper gene pool.
CooperDragon
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Off Topic