My Mom & Kevin

Post topics and discussions that have nothing to do with bearded dragons or reptiles here!!!

My Mom & Kevin

Postby KevinsMom33 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:05 pm

I just wanted share a story about how animals, any animals-can help and bring joy to someone.
My mother had end stage emphysema, was living in very nice nursing home, toward the end of her life, she wanted me to bring one of my cats to visit her, but cats don't travel well like that - so I started bringing Kevin. She LOVED him. OMG - she wouldn't kiss any of us because she didn't want to get sick, but she would nuzzle him. She never wanted to go outside to get fresh air, but if I brought Kevin - she was in her wheelchair and ready to sit out in the sunshine, for Kevin (of course) - because sunshine is good for him. With her emphysema, she was on oxygen and had very stressed breathing. He would sit with her and she could feel his calm breathing and it would calm down her and she would relax. And his spikey skin - because her hands were very numb from nerve damage, she could feel him and just loved being with him. They were good friends.
and that's why Kevin has such a special place in my heart, because at the end of her life - her best buddy was a dragon.
[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]
Irene's house of dragons... and cats....
KevinsMom33
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: My Mom & Kevin

Postby Terry15 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:22 pm

What a beautiful story. Thank you Kevin for being the best dragon. So sorry about your mom, she looks very happy with Kevin.
Terry15
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby JessPets » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:44 am

Wow, what an amazing bond! I am very sorry to hear of your loss, but grateful for your wonderful story
Loki The Beardie
JessPets
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby Drache613 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:32 pm

Hello,

Wow, that was truly a wonderful & beautiful story indeed! I am so glad Kevin helped her in her
time of need.

Tracie
Drache613

Postby Gormagon » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:32 pm

That was an amazing story, one I am sure was tough to write. Kinda hit home for me :cry: :cry:
I am glad Kevin could bring her joy in her last days, I am sorry for your loss!!!
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
RIP Peaches 10-1-18 Forever in my Heart
Gormagon
Gray-bearded Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Off Topic