I Had a Gender Mistake :(

Post topics and discussions that have nothing to do with bearded dragons or reptiles here!!!

I Had a Gender Mistake :(

Postby NivAndBlu » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:00 pm

When I got my bearded dragon, I was in a big confusion. I decided to sex the bd to see if its a male for female. Little did I know it was a male, so I said it was a female :shock: !!! Then the name of the bd was Yara, just getting me confused very badly. The name was invented by Straw 26, and I liked it! I've also been making videos and everything until one day, I realized I was confused for the gender. So I asked Siri on my phone to turn on the flashlight, I then saw 2 little bones inside the tail. I went on the internet to check which is male and female, the male was the one with 2 bones and the female was the one with that weird-shaped bone in the middle! I got little scared knowing that my bd is a male. I went to try to confirm the gender, but it's a male. I just got to be the worlds stupidest person ever... :angry5: :angry5: :angry5:
nivandblu 2020
NivAndBlu
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: I Had a Gender Mistake :(

Postby CooperDragon » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:41 pm

That happens. It can be tough to determine gender, especially for young dragons. Not a big deal, and it sounds like you have sorted it out =).
CooperDragon

Re: I Had a Gender Mistake :(

Postby orangeansel » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:39 pm

Yikes! I thought that Ansel (my guy) was a girl for a bit and I called him Anselia but he’s totally a dude. Also those “bones” are his hemipenes! When they’re young it’s very hard to see but they should also be visible through his tail as two bulges :)
[Click image to enlarge]
My husband and I have a young beardie, Ansel and care for my brothers lizard, Zocalo. It’s our first time keeping reptiles :)
orangeansel
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Off Topic