Anxiety and fear about COVID-19 infection .

Post topics and discussions that have nothing to do with bearded dragons or reptiles here!!!

Re: Anxiety and fear about COVID-19 infection .

Postby DragonPete » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:32 am

I sure hope it doesn't reach the point there that Marshall law would be needed. Hopefully they can get people to do the right thing without such drastic measures.
-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby kingofnobbys » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:23 am

DragonPete wrote:I sure hope it doesn't reach the point there that Marshall law would be needed. Hopefully they can get people to do the right thing without such drastic measures.
-Dee

Realistically , what's going to be worse ?
Marshall law in all hot spots in your nation for 6 to 18 months with only a million or so dead , or 10s of millions (mostly over 45) dead and mass graves , and corpses piled in streets and over 30% of Americans unemployed , homeless and totally destitute. That's a pretty grim prospect you americans , I hope it doesn't happen , but the signs are VERY BAD .
Last edited by kingofnobbys on Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
CBDs: Cleopatra & Caesar born 28Jan19.
Puff (RIP 10Dec15),Rex (RIP 16Mar17),Toothless (RIP 26Nov17).Peppa (RIP 22Mar19).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : Gutzy (F) 27Sep19, Fluffy (F) rescued injured by lawnwacker 14Nov17, Wriggles (F) - injured rescue, over 8 yrs old, RIP 2Feb16 old age. Lucky juvenile (M) - cat attack rescue (lost r-eye, broken r-lower jaw), fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

Postby DragonPete » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:31 am

kingofnobbys wrote:
DragonPete wrote:I sure hope it doesn't reach the point there that Marshall law would be needed. Hopefully they can get people to do the right thing without such drastic measures.
-Dee

Marshall law in all hot spots in your nation for 6 to 18 months with only a million or so dead , or 10s of millions (mostly over 45) dead.

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best. I'll take care of me and my household (pets).
I don't think it's going to get that bad, by looking at the last couple months and the places where the virus is. In the far East where it started, they are seeing much improvement. Hoping in 2-3 months we'll see the same. It's gonna be bad in crowded cities, they must stay home. We have to stop the spread, it's our only chance with this until cures and vaccine can be developed.
Just my humble opinion.
-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby kingofnobbys » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:35 am

DragonPete wrote:
kingofnobbys wrote:
-Dee

Marshall law in all hot spots in your nation for 6 to 18 months with only a million or so dead , or 10s of millions (mostly over 45) dead.

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best. I'll take care of me and my household (pets).
I don't think it's going to get that bad, by looking at the last couple months and the places where the virus is. In the far East where it started, they are seeing much improvement. Hoping in 2-3 months we'll see the same. It's gonna be bad in crowded cities, they must stay home. We have to stop the spread, it's our only chance with this until cures and vaccine can be developed.
Just my humble opinion.
-Dee

Yes , but they experienced SARS and MERS , and learnt from their mistakes then, and have been very much better than we have at getting their populations to do the RIGHT THING communally .
Their people know from harsh experience what would have happened if they were uncompliant and have no desire to go through that again.

None , I mean not a single one of the experts in hospitals or universities or CSIRO here are saying anything less than 6 months ( as an outside chance ) if everyone complies , 3 weeks is off with the pixies , 3 months ( unachieveable without marshell law EVERYWHERE and strict 100% compliance and no new cases from overseas ), more likely 6 to 12 months .

Comes down to how many people and doctors and nurses your country is willing to sacrifice when the hospital ICU system nationwide is overwhelmed and doctors start using Civil war era triage criteria to make fast decisions about who will be refused a respirator in ICU , and start sending away people who are deemed less "useful" or less likely pull through.
Puff (RIP 10Dec15),Rex (RIP 16Mar17),Toothless (RIP 26Nov17).Peppa (RIP 22Mar19).
EWSs : Gutzy (F) 27Sep19, Fluffy (F) rescued injured by lawnwacker 14Nov17, Wriggles (F) - injured rescue, over 8 yrs old, RIP 2Feb16 old age. Lucky juvenile (M) - cat attack rescue (lost r-eye, broken r-lower jaw), fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

Postby DragonPete » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:07 am

There always the chance it could get that bad, a good chance. Particularly in a place that's always been a 'free' society. Some just can't fathom NOT being able to come and go when they wish. I don't understand why they can't figure it out but if I leave the house only once in a month, or less, I can try to keep myself safe. It's all I can do, look after me.
I can't dwell on the negative possibilities. I'm well aware of how bad it can get. I'll just continue to have hope and try to keep a positive outlook. Allowing doom and gloom to cloud my mind and emotions isn't good for me. We all have to handle this in whatever way is best for us. My answer is to lock down and stay safe and healthy. I feel much safer at home away from others.
-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby Claudiusx » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:30 pm

A milestone none of us wanted to hit, but as of a few hours ago, the USA is the most infected country in the world. Luckily we don't have the highest death rate, but we have surpassed China, Italy, and Iran. The US has performed over 550k tests, and only around 90k or so have been positive. So lots of testing has been going on, and more is going to continue, which is good. This will keep our numbers increasing though. The goal is to keep the death rate as low as possible.

Navy hospital ships docking off the coast of cali to offer an extra 1000 hospital beds aboard the ship.

-Brandon
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
Click here if you use a Sunblaster fixture - IMPORTANT
Claudiusx

Postby DragonPete » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:47 pm

Claudiusx wrote:A milestone none of us wanted to hit, but as of a few hours ago, the USA is the most infected country in the world. Luckily we don't have the highest death rate, but we have surpassed China, Italy, and Iran. The US has performed over 550k tests, and only around 90k or so have been positive. So lots of testing has been going on, and more is going to continue, which is good. This will keep our numbers increasing though. The goal is to keep the death rate as low as possible.

Navy hospital ships docking off the coast of cali to offer an extra 1000 hospital beds aboard the ship.

-Brandon

Saw that.😟 but for the amount of cases and our population, death toll, no matter how bad it seems, is better than other places. Knew the positive results would spike just due to the volume of tests. At least fewer people are dying from it here, for now.
Hoping getting the antibodies will give us a vaccine for next year. 🤞
-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby Claudiusx » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:51 pm

Yeah, per capita we are still doing quite well.

I was quite pleased today hearing Dr. Fauci's plan as far as vaccine. Typically, once a vaccine has been proven and approved, then there is a large delay as the vaccine is manufactured. He is having the companies with vaccines that make it to stage 2 of testing to start manufacturing them prematurely. That way, if the vaccine passes the strict requirements and testing, there will already be enough of it ready to be distributed. And if it doesn't, oh well, you chock it up to a financial loss. But it's a financial loss these companies (And the government) is willing to take.

So they are trying to be as proactive as possible. And doing this saves half a year of time to get the vaccine to market.

-Brandon
Claudiusx

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby DragonPete » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:03 pm

Claudiusx wrote:Yeah, per capita we are still doing quite well.

I was quite pleased today hearing Dr. Fauci's plan as far as vaccine. Typically, once a vaccine has been proven and approved, then there is a large delay as the vaccine is manufactured. He is having the companies with vaccines that make it to stage 2 of testing to start manufacturing them prematurely. That way, if the vaccine passes the strict requirements and testing, there will already be enough of it ready to be distributed. And if it doesn't, oh well, you chock it up to a financial loss. But it's a financial loss these companies (And the government) is willing to take.

So they are trying to be as proactive as possible. And doing this saves half a year of time to get the vaccine to market.

-Brandon

I adore Dr Fauci. He is straight up! No lies no spin. It's what we need.
-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby Claudiusx » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:05 pm

Yup I've been enjoying him too. Although I think he is starting to get a little fed up with all the questions LOL.

-Brandon
Claudiusx

Postby DragonPete » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:14 pm

Claudiusx wrote:Yup I've been enjoying him too. Although I think he is starting to get a little fed up with all the questions LOL.

-Brandon

I'm sure! But they ask him because he's the only one that doesn't lie about it. Have you seen any of his interviews outside the WH? Straight up!👍
-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby Gormagon » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:31 pm

I have come to grips with the fact there is NOTHING I can do but stay home and take it one day at a time. I work on a farm , far removed from the city life and people. As long as the 3 guys I work with watch their P's & Q's closely all will be well. As I see it, it is all in the hands of God right now!!!
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
RIP Peaches 10-1-18 Forever in my Heart
Gormagon
Extreme Poster

Postby Claudiusx » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:59 pm

Wish I was out in the country right now. Luckily im not in a big city. However my county is up to 50 cases now.

-Brandon
Claudiusx

Postby kingofnobbys » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:29 pm

Claudiusx wrote:Wish I was out in the country right now. Luckily im not in a big city. However my country is up to 50 cases now.

-Brandon

Living in remote area with not many people around and no one visiting from outside is the safest and best place to be ATM.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

Postby kingofnobbys » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:33 pm

Bloody hell ?!? this is beyond stupid .
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/coronavi ... spartandhp
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-27/ ... a/12095898
Defence Force personnel will be brought in to support state and territory police in enforcing self-isolation rules for people who are already in Australia or who arrive before the Saturday midnight deadline.
Mr Morrison said two-thirds of the nation's confirmed cases of coronavirus had come from people travelling from overseas.
"States and territories will be quarantining all arrivals through our airports in hotels and other accommodation facilities for the two weeks of their mandatory self-isolation before they are able to return to their home," he said.

two weeks wont cut it , it's pretty obvious 2 weeks quarantine is not 100% effective anywhere for the covid-19 ,
these people had better be taken direct to an enforced guarded compulsory quarantine facility, they must NOT be allowed to self quarantine at home or even travel home for at least a month.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
1 million Australians have lost their jobs in last week. ( Australian labor force is 13.125 million ). 7.6% of the workforce lost their jobs and are now on the "special payment" ( which is the Dole + Covid payment. So unemployment rate has jumped from 779k to 1.779 million just under 14% and this is early days.
Under the Federal Government's scheme, the maximum Centrelink payment for a single person with no children will be $1,124.50 a fortnight, which is just 76 per cent of the minimum wage for a full-time worker.
so a couple will get $2250 ish per fortnight .
but these remain unchanged
from https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/in ... entrelink/
DSP married couple $1,297.40 per fortnight.
Age pension married couple $1,273.60 per fortnight.
Carer payment married couple $1,297.40 per fortnight.
Dole ( not the special generous version ) for a couple $510.80 each,$612.00 single w dependent child , per fortnight .
Try living off those for several months esp if you have no savings, are a renter or have a mortgage , and have stuff on payment plans.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I've just heard morgues in NY are full and now people who have died from covid-19 are being stored in refrigerator trucks.
Last edited by kingofnobbys on Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic