Another dangerous fire day , this time we were effected

Post topics and discussions that have nothing to do with bearded dragons or reptiles here!!!

Re: Another dangerous fire day , this time we were effected

Postby kingofnobbys » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:10 am

Karratha is copping a pounding from the TC , passed straight overtop of the town.
Fortunately most the buildings except the very old ones , are rated for Category 4 or even Category 5 TCs.
They'll be on RED ALERT / LOCKDOWN til about midday tomorrow I expect.

Just saw an alert flash up on ABC NEWS Channel , Whim Creek now under RED ALERT ( a little settlement , only claim to fame being the pub ( and camp ground ) , about 2 hours east of Karratha ( been there several times after Cyclone John (November 1999 , an extreme category 5 ( which maxed out the intensity for a TC category 5 and mets called the first Category 6 ever recorded ) clobbered the settlement ( only refuge they had was a shipping container that was anchored to a concrete slab and held down by cables to several 20T concrete blocks ) , the cyclone literally destroyed the Whim Creek Pub's 2nd story and destroyed all the cabins in the camp ground.
I hope they still have that shipping container on site.
We visited Karratha ( a few weeks after ) , were living in Pt Hedland ( I was a consultant engineer on contract doing some process trouble shooting at the DRI plant's gas plant ) , we went essentially to take in a movie at Karratha's then brand new multiplex ( no movie theatre at Port Hedland at the time ( movies were shown once a week at the High School's assembly hall ) , and to visit the nearby national park.

Were some dramatic images out of Karratha on the news this evening.

The weather warning now covers the entire NSW coast.
Severe Weather Warning for HEAVY RAINFALL, DAMAGING WINDS, ABNORMALLY HIGH TIDES and DAMAGING SURF

We're expecting 200mm rain here overnight , a deep low has developed , we're in the eye of this system now , and the wind had dropped to nothing since diner time ( wont last ! ).
CBDs: Cleopatra & Caesar born 28Jan19.
Puff (RIP 10Dec15),Rex (RIP 16Mar17),Toothless (RIP 26Nov17).Peppa (RIP 22Mar19).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : new rescues Cheakie (subadult M) Nov 2019, Gutzy (F) 27Sep19, Fluffy (F) rescued injured by lawnwacker 14Nov17, Wriggles (F) - injured rescue, over 8 yrs old, RIP 2Feb16 old age. Lucky juvenile (M) - cat attack rescue (lost r-eye, broken r-lower jaw), fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby kingofnobbys » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:06 pm

Wild night here ( wind was howling and the rain was torrential all night until about lunchtime ).
In my neighbourhood some trees where blown down , some houses lost parts of roofs , some neighbours had fences blown down, and in the low areas , homes were inundated in a flash flood.

The Bureau of Meteorology has warned of flash flooding in NSW & NE Victoria from the Hunter down to Illawarra to the Gippland and is expecting this storm will be the biggest rainfall event in more than two decades.
Residents in low-lying areas around Narrabeen Lagoon in Sydney's northern beaches have been told to prepare to evacuate this evening. More https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australi ... spartandhp

I've seen similar to this image of spray blows straight up over 100 ft before in very violent storms that that came up from the south very fast and caught me a few times over the years on Nobby's Breakwall when fishing for large kingfish, large snapper , and very large mulloway.
I also saw a similar effect at Port Hedland when TC John was raging all around us ( we were hold up in a 4th floor apartment a Lawson Appartments ) and the rain was blowing straight up over the front of our balcony.

Good place to be is not anywhere near that cliff as rogue waves can top even those cliffs, as I found out one day when I came very near being swept off the top of Nobby's sea wall - I was 20m up from high water mark ( it's called CLIFF fishing ) on the top of the wall and hit from behind by a wall of water ( only thing that saved me was I found myself pinned against an old concrete "pencil" ( post from the old tug wharfs ) , I was rigging up after loosing my terminal tackle ( hook & sinker and swivel and shock trace to a snag) , and ducked down stop the water from pushing me over the 2ft diameter concrete pencil and I held onto it).
Puff (RIP 10Dec15),Rex (RIP 16Mar17),Toothless (RIP 26Nov17).Peppa (RIP 22Mar19).
EWSs : new rescues Cheakie (subadult M) Nov 2019, Gutzy (F) 27Sep19, Fluffy (F) rescued injured by lawnwacker 14Nov17, Wriggles (F) - injured rescue, over 8 yrs old, RIP 2Feb16 old age. Lucky juvenile (M) - cat attack rescue (lost r-eye, broken r-lower jaw), fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

Postby CooperDragon » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:31 pm

Some photos of the flooding has been making the news here. No half measures with you guys over there... Scary story about the wave while cliff fishing. I'm glad you weren't harmed.
CooperDragon

Postby kingofnobbys » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:19 pm

CooperDragon wrote:Some photos of the flooding has been making the news here. No half measures with you guys over there... Scary story about the wave while cliff fishing. I'm glad you weren't harmed.

Yep, one that I never expected as the sea was very slight on the day , hardly any surf on the beach and not much breeze either.
My only warning was the sound of the rogue wave hitting the southern side of the breakwall and the whole wall shook with the impact.

One of the old guys I was mates with who regularly fished the wall for snapper and luderick was riding up the wall on his push bike I spotted him about 500m away when he stopped and was waving at me ( told me when he arrived at my spot under the signal tower ) that he saw the wave coming and was trying to warn me - "biggest wave he'd ever seen" was his words and he thought I was a goner.

Cars have been swept of the top of Nobby's Wall in the past ( a family was drowned that way in the early 70s before the Breakwall was gated to stop people driving up it ) .
More recently a young lady and her boyfriend were swept off the top of the wall onto the wide area of rocks on the harbor side of the wall when they were walking the wall in a storm to see the spectacular plumes of spray from large storm waves hitting the end of the wall (can throw spray 20m higher then wall's end). The pair survived but were very seriously injured and had to be rescued by the Police Rescue Helicopter as it was too dangerous to take an ambulance up the wall to collect them.
it's not the water that kills fishos who are swept off cliffs tops and cliff ledges and rock platforms , it's the rocks they hit when swept off their feet and on their way down that break arms, legs. backs , causing them to drown.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Was extremely humid outside this morning , even saw the sun for an hour or two and the gales have finally gone ( folks down south are getting hammered now ).

Foul weather not finished with us yet, the entire coast is still under severe weather warning, all the rivers are in flood, and now there's a severe thunderstorm warning in place for a system that's building in a front to the NNW to NNE of here , can already hear the thunder from it.

Looks like it'll be right on top us in about an hour.

<< update : ended up out at sea so we just got some heavy rain and missed out on the violent windgusts and hail … can't complain about that.

And there's a severe tropical Cyclone (Tropical Cyclone Uesi ) in the Coral Sea west of New Caledonia that's formed overnight.
Looks like it'll track SW and is likely we'll be effected by it in a few days .
Last edited by kingofnobbys on Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

Postby kingofnobbys » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:08 pm

There I was getting ready to build my ark , now there is a very strange looking very bright and warm yellow ball of fire thing up there , and what's all that blue stuff around it ?
It's very warm and sticky out there today …. 31 degC , 84% RelHumidity , UVI = 13 ( 5:30pm )

Stockton beach has lost 200 to 300m of sand washed away by the huge seas, council says it'll take 6 years to restore the sand lost.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-11/ ... a/11953274

This also means a shipwreck that has been buried under the sand will be visible again. Last time this was as visible was when I was a kid in the 60s and 70s , she emerged in the run of storms between 2012 and 2018, then was buried again by natural sand deposition . The 19th century wreck of the Berbice is reemerging from the sand. Wrecked in a Tasman Cyclone just north of Stockton Wall in 1888.
She's 250m from Stockton Beach Surf Club.

More nasty weather on it's way, cf Category 3 TC Uesi , which will work it's way down the coast from about Fraser Is and bring more of what we've had for the last week , likely from Friday..
see
https://twitter.com/hashtag/CycloneUesi?src=hash

mmm, maybe I might need that ark afterall ….

SE QLD and Dowling Downs to Rockhamption are much the same as NSW , underwater , in flood
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNVYtSTYXsM .

Lots of damage at Karratha , roads and NP closed
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-11/ ... n/11954200
and now they've been hit by an earthquake.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-11/ ... e/11954344

On news tonight , some areas of Sydney will be without power for a month or more as a consequence of this weeks Tasman Cyclone.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

Postby kingofnobbys » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:49 am

Updated track

We'll get a lot of rain from this maybe over 10 inches rain over the next few days , so floods all along the QLD and NSW coast and inland on the other side of GDR will be exacerbated .

Dangerous seas continue along the coast. So dangerous I've heard the roads into the Lake Munmorah National Park near here have been closed and the campground closed , to prevent unwise people from driving to Wybung and Snapper Heads. Another no go spot in these conditions is at the closer but harder to access ( have a LONG hike in ) deep water cliff and rock platform fishing hotspots at Wallarah NP and Caves Beach reserve , ie Flat Rocks Point , Hale's Bluff ( Chevy's Drop ) , Bongong Head.
The platforms at RedHead ( must climb down a very high cliff from the top to reach the rock platform), very dangerous fishing spots even in good conditions - very low wave swept platforms backed by very steep cliffs ( if a big wave is seen coming you have no escape route except to dive into to the water and swim away from the rock platform , very dangerous as very strong currents and most these platforms are undercut and covered in very large razer sharp barnicles and coral and oysters..
I wouldn't even contemplate fishing Dudley Rocks ( easier access via the beach and gated road ), and Merewether ( easy access via Dudley beach past Glenrock Lagoon to the south or via Mereweather Ocean Baths to the north ) or the rock platform at Newcastle Ocean Baths , all these are submerged at low tide , so very dangerous if the sea is running larger than 2m.

There were 2.5 to 3.5m waves breaking today at Nobby's Reef depending on the tidal conditions - tidal flow there is strong enough there that even 8 oz snapper sinkers wont stay put and get swept along the bottom very fast - I've fished 100m east of the reef on occasion ( when there were big seas ) and know this from experience - ( this is over 600m from the end of Nobbys on the normally sheltered harbor side the wall ).
Overhead the 20 year old kid who lives next door ( who's now got a 2yr girl and new baby to his live in girlfriend) who talking about it being the only place that's surfable at the moment.
Heard him say a few of the surfers got badly banged up on the submerged reef and one needed rescue by the water police ( rescue helicopter was occupied elsewhere ) and an ambulance .
This means the sea will be breaking over the ocean side of Nobbys Wall making the 400m or so ocean end a dangerous place to linger , and even the usually protected Sharkhole will have large waves wrapping around the end and surging through it.
Sea is expected to become very large over then next week or more because of Uesi.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

Postby kingofnobbys » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:14 am

Here we go again , in for another wild ride weatherwise this weekend : https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-13/ ... r/11953964

Stockton Beach decared a National Disaster Zone. All public access to the beach has been closed ( I guess that also means Stockton Seawall has been closed to the public …. a lot of local fishermen will be pissed off if this is the case .)

Bushfires east , west and south of Canberra and surrounding Cooma and Bega and in the north eastern Gippsland region are still burning .
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

Postby NBGwen » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:23 am

It doesn't seem like you all can catch a break! Whereas here, it's snow. All the snow...
"I want the freedom to carve and chisel my own face, to staunch the bleeding with ashes, to fashion my own Gods from my entrails." - Gloria Anzualdua
NBGwen
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby kingofnobbys » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:35 pm

Clouds are back , and it's breezy ( not gales , yet ). No rain yet . Looks like we wont get much from the cyclone at all other than wind and big seas .

Uesi is directly east of us now , 33 S 158 E ( we are 152 E ) and passed over Ld Howe Is overnight . Now making a d-line for NZ.

One of my mates called by and showed me his catch from last night , a 74 pound jewfish , he risked it on Nobby's yesterday afternoon and overnight , every bait was hammered , but mostly dropped or failed to hookup ( thinks big rays or bronzewhaler sharks were taking most the baits ), but he personally caught and landed 3 jewfish at one of my fav spots ( FlatRock , too dangerous under the Tower and in The Sharkhole (as I expected it would be) , kept them all tethered and alive , and ended up releasing all but one and kept the biggest fish.
Only allowed one big jewfish per person ( very strict bag limits and said the fisheries and cops were on the wall a few times to keep an eye on what everyone was doing ) , also told me the mozzies were murder overnight .
The harbor is full of floating logs and branches and very silty with this fresh - strongest fresh for a long time.
Also told me only 4 "regulars" with serious jewfishing kit and trolleys showed up on Nobbys , I'd've known all of them. He was expecting to see me on the wall too.
Told me he travelled to Nelson Bay Fishermén's Co-Opt jetty and breakwall to catch his livebaits on Tuesday before the fresh hit. Mostly mullet, water was already too dirty to get slimmies and yellowtail.

Told me Stockton wall was packed with hopefuls ( saw a forest of rods and cliff gaffs near The Wreck in the afternoon - people were trying to catch livebait or trying to catch jewfish with dead baits ) but can't say if anyone caught anything big on Stockton wall as they were forced to fish the beach side because the waves were too big it was too dangerous to fish the harbor side of Stockton Wall . I'll hear from one the Stockton-ites in due time if they caught anything worth bragging about.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

Postby Gormagon » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:21 pm

Well, after few years of speculation, I have finally figured out where your username came from Kingofnobbys came into play...... Would have never guessed that one 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
RIP Peaches 10-1-18 Forever in my Heart
Gormagon
Extreme Poster

Postby kingofnobbys » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:18 pm

Gormagon wrote:Well, after few years of speculation, I have finally figured out where your username came from Kingofnobbys came into play...... Would have never guessed that one 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Well I've spent a big part of my life on either Nobbys or Stockton Walls chasing the fish since I was old enough to ride my pushbike to either and had money to buy bait and build my own rods and gaffs and am well known in local fishing circles as a keen (some call a gun) snapper and jewie specialist.
Been more inclined to lower my sights to smaller fish in more recent years ( luderick, bream, squid, whiting ) as my knees and back aren't as good as they were when I was younger . Anyway the big prized game and table fish I used to catch every time I went fishing ( so we always had a freezer full of ) are now scarcer and harder to find , as well as not being allowed to take home more than a few fish ( or even one fish ) from a days' fishing is a bit of a bummer and makes it hardly worth the effort .

I can remember when getting from one end of Nobbys or Stockton walls was like a maze there were so many blow up pools full of water and yellowtail and trolleys , there was forest of big rods leaning against boulders and concrete blocks & pencils or in rod rocket-launchers on trolleys , ready rigged to be baited up and caste.

A few images found on line , I've never taken a camera fishing so I have very few pictures of my fav hangout.
Found this - I think I'm the chap in the black hoody , a clearer photo would be nice , these two are at FlatRock near sunset .

The trolley with my 35L live bait tank will be parked in the shade and out of view.
My gaff will be laying on the ground next to me and my rod will be laying on the ground with it's tip slightly elevated next to me ( within easy reach ). Yes we fish from the top to wall , this way we can walk the wall to follow a big fish hooked up , and only climb down to close to the water to gaff a fish.

I don't recall the photo being taken , but on a nice afternoon or evening there can be dozens of walkers on the wall.
One of those nice balmy summer afternoons.

The walkers will become scarcer after about 10pm, after then only people you see are other anglers , the walking cops , sometimes fisheries ( make an appearance ) . Generally even most the other anglers disappear in the small hours until about an hour before dawn another shift of anglers show up ( the snapper guys and luderick guys mostly who will be keeping an eye open to see if there are any big blood patches and jewfish scales laying about ( heck I do the same, of cause guys like me make sure to wash down and remove such give aways before we leave - we don't want every T.D & H knowing big fish are around incase we decide to come back next night ) .

I've had nights when I've had the entire wall to myself , you have to be someone who doesn't mind being alone and isolated.
Made things interesting when I hooked up on a large fish , and had to gaff it myself , not an easy task when you have a very heavy uncooperative person sized jewfish hanging off the end of your 40 lb line and rod , with one hand , and have to somehow maneuver it into a position to get the gaff hook ( on the end of 16 - 18 ft long pole ) into it's neck near the gills without banging into the rod or rocks above you.
EVERYONE SAY -
Patience son …. let it run and play it to MAKE SURE THE FISH IS EXHAUSTED BEFORE YOUR BRING IT CLOSE TO THOSE oyster and barnacle and coral covered rocks at the CHOSEN safe rock/ledge ,
and
use the (seatbelt webbing) clip on SHOULDER HARNESS CONNECTED TO THE ROD ABOVE TEH REEL and set the reel to antireverse with drag set to hard-on, and DON"T MISS that with gaff.
A very lively big fish close to the rocks is a fish that you're going to loose.

Seagulls' view from NE of the end of the wall , it's a BIG structure.
Just ( about 50m west ) of another prime jewfishing spot ( called the Sharkhole ) , looking east towards the tower and the NE corner of the wall ( fabulous cliff fishing location for large snapper , kingfish and jewfish , the hard part is lifting the fish , unless you have an offsider who can send down the flying gaff or climb down and gaff the fish if it's too heavy to lift ( my limit is 15 pounds when lifting a fish with the rod and reel ).
BTW that's a calm day at high tide , note the rock pools and wet concrete formed by spray from breaking waves ( these are 60ft above high tide level ).
Nice little schoolie (jewfish) caught on Nobbys Wall by one of the younger regulars. https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/stor ... y-weekend/
Very good eating ,nice thick steaks and fillets from a jewfish this size .
Would rather catch 2 or 3 like that than one 70 pounder which will be a handful landing and hauling back to the car ,then cutting up to freeze. My best is an 86 pound jewfish that was as long as me and I can count on one hand the my jewfish over 50 pounds.

I was standing about 20ft east (other side of the towel when I came close to being washed off) , the concrete pencils have been removed , pushed off the top since.
This can happen even on a calm day with a glassy sea :
That guy thinks he's in a safe place , I've seen 4ft walls of water topping the walls , and spray plombs overtopping where he's sitting , especially in big seas.
I rest my case.

Notice the difference a day or two can make.

This could have been my fate :
https://www.triplem.com.au/story/police ... wall-47387
https://www.nbnnews.com.au/2017/07/30/b ... dentified/
I think this guy was a fisherman who slipped on the rocks or was washed off the rocks near where he was found.
Found near a popular "landing-rock" that is frequently used by snapper fishermen who want to get that extra 30m distance in the casts to get out onto the oyster bank , or used when landing large fish, is submerged at high tide , frequently swept by rogue waves , but the old bits or demolished concrete & 10 T blocks and big sandstone and basalt boulders have patches of slimmy brown algae on them and are very slippery if stood on without proper shoes.
I think the finding was death by misadventure (accident).

Those big blocks of concrete are 60 T , and I've sheltered behind them when big (rogue) waves were seen coming , they move an inch or more , and whole wall shakes when the big waves hit.

If those rocks and the top is covered in water ( and it's not raining ) , it doesn't take a genius to work out it's not safe. I think he very likely got a drenching shortly after that photo.

Looking back towards town from about the same spot

Crazy surfers heading down to surf the inside the harbor break over Nobbys Reef.
To surf here :
photo in the last Tasman Cyclone in Jan 2018.
Last edited by kingofnobbys on Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:20 am, edited 7 times in total.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

Postby Gormagon » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:42 am

Wow!!!
I love those pics, made me a bit homesick.
I used to fish similar places when I lived on the coast in Texas and Florida.
Thank you for bringing back fond memories.
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
RIP Peaches 10-1-18 Forever in my Heart
Gormagon
Extreme Poster

Postby kingofnobbys » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:36 am

Gormagon wrote:Wow!!!
I love those pics, made me a bit homesick.
I used to fish similar places when I lived on the coast in Texas and Florida.
Thank you for bringing back fond memories.

Thought someone would.

It's a 45min hike from the Nobby's Beach car park to Flat Rock , and another 15min to the Sharkhole.
And all uphill , and often through wind blown sand 12" thick , makes dragging or pushing a jewfishing troll with 100 lbs of gear and live bait ( 35L of water , I used to take a 60L brewer drum but it was a hard work
- lifting it into the cargo bay ( ever if only 2/3 full ) and then lifting it out and depositing controllably into the trolley
- dragging the loaded trolley to the fishing spot especially if it's very hot late afternoon.

Used to be able drive the entire wall when I was a kid . Car was swept off one day by rogue wave into the harbor , that put a stop to that.
Then they allowed beach users and walkers and anglers to park at the bottom entry to the lighthouse. Saved 20 mins walking . Someone did something stupid and the breakwall was closed to all motor vehicles , been illegal to take a 4x4 onto the beach and park near the old WWI / WWII fort and gun emplacement under the cliff at Nobbys Head for as long as I've had a licence.

Can catch livebait on the wall , but it's a big job bring maybe 6 or 8 buckets up from the water to the top of the wall , and then you have spend 2 or 3 hours catching the 12 - 20 livebait needed for a night's fishing ( not always easy to find , even with burley ).
Used to do that , but figured it's actually easier to catch 50 or 60 livebait a day or two before a weekend's fishing , take them home and keep the alive in 300L round tub with a 12v bulge pump making lots of flow and bubbles .

Fishing in 70 ft of water in a good cast at The FlatRock , and 100 ft of water off the end of the wall.
Shipping channel is even closer to harbor side of Stockton Wall , but man does the tidal flow race there too.

This handsome chap uses very similar gear to me ,
ie a 651 or 700 C5 or A5 sidecast reel loaded up with 600m of either 25lb or 40lb Maxima mono , a FSU or MT 5165 or 7165 . Best reel and rod to handle fast powerful fish .
He's using a 700 A5 . I like to keep my thumb and fingers in good condition so use the C5 style ( I never need to let go of the handle to let a big fish run , I've seen thumbs broken and fingers dislocated with big A5s spinning so fast the handles are blur with a very powerful and fast fish on the other end.

I've used overheads and mega sized eggbeaters and they don't cut it IMO.

Stockton wall was built by skittling old sailing ships and steams and is known as the Wreck Walk.
Nobby's little sister , a much shorter wall , and extremely popular fishing spot , hence why I avoid it.
http://lifeoutsidework.com.au/shipwreck ... breakwall/

Different walls , different approaches needed . Rarely see anyone using balloons or big casting floats to keep the livebait at the right depth on Nobbys ( except from the end on a runout tide , or if fishing close to a wall from a boat).
On Stockton a lot of the guys use floaters , and walk the wall as the float runs in the current up or down the wall ,works OK , but you need an offsider to follow you with a gaff handy. Bottom baits are possible but you need a minimum of 8oz of lead to hold a small livebait on the bottom and stop the current from dragging it off station and into snags.

Guys at Forster - Tuncurry
, and on the wall at BlackSmiths Sea Wall,
and at Harrington Sea Walls
do the livebaits under floats thing mostly . I've fished these occasionally , very rapid tidal flows .
Never fished the Tweed River Entrance Sea Walls , on my to do list.
Last edited by kingofnobbys on Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

Postby DragonPete » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:47 am

Haven't been fishing in years, your pics sure make me miss the coast.😞
-Dee
-Dee
DragonPete
Juvie Poster

Postby kingofnobbys » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:00 pm

DragonPete wrote:Haven't been fishing in years, your pics sure make me miss the coast.😞
-Dee

Yeh. Me too. ( About 3 years since I last wet a line , banged up my leg and knees in a bathroom slip of all places ).

My big one piece LBG rods ( MT7144, MT5144 , SU7177, FSU7165 , FSU5165 and MT9144 ) are still hanging under the rafters of the garage and will be getting very dusty , and I expect the Alveys are likely in need of a soak ( in a bucket of water to resoften the mono ) and a lube job before I use them again.
And I'd be surprised if I can still get into my wetweather gear ( plastic bib and brace , and plastic hoody ) , I've likely gained a bit of extra gerth since I wore them last.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic